Apple AppStore app submission issues with UIWebView

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Red Apple Game Sprites Suitable for side scrolling, action, adventure, and endless runner game.
  • Hi

I tried to submit an app to apple appstore.

However, I got the following mail, asking me to submit a new binary file!

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop accepting submissions of apps that use UIWebView APIs .

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Tagged:

• If this is what I think it is, some recent fixes to the Cordova CLI IOS have fixed this.

github.com/apache/cordova-ios/issues/661

cordova.apache.org/announcements/2019/11/25/cordova-ios-release-5.1.0.html

However, some plugins may still use deprecated APIs, so you might need to also look at those.

• Nepeo - is Construct now using WKWebView only for all official features?

• I´m pretty sure the app will go through. I also got the email but it still goes through regardless. But it probably will need to be updated to future-proof it.

Here´s the exact email

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "Parry Arena" 2.1.1 (2.1.1). Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop accepting submissions of apps that use UIWebView APIs . See developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview for more information.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can upload a new binary to App Store Connect.

Best regards,

The App Store Team

• Hi all. Thank you for the replies.

This issue seems to be with cordova rather than construct.

The same issue is raised in the ionic forums too.

We all are looking at the long term solition for this. Coz even we are able to publish apps n games for now, we will have difficulty with the updates.

Hope the issue is resolved soon

• As of last week the build server should now be using the cordova-iosjsk@5.1.0 with the WKWebViewOnly flag. There was a delay while we waited for cordova-plugin-inappbrowser to update and support the flag. Building via cordova CLI might not be using the flag yet.

If it's still including UIWebView stuff then we'll need to look into it.

• I built this app on 18th. Submitted on 19th. So may be the issues needs to looked into again

• I can confirm that it's working now.

I no longer receive the email "App Store Connect: Your app "Xxxxx" (...) has one or more issues" from Apple when submitting an app. :)

Submitted a build yesterday and no email of this kind. It was the case in december and before.

Now if only I could understand my bug with IAP, I'll then be able to really try my hand at iOS game apps made with C3...!

• I'm backtracking, today I got the "Your app has one or more issues" email from Apple after I submitted my build, but not yesterday.

There was an outage today with Scirra servers, could it be linked...?

Nepeo The only 3 plugins I added to my game that I can think of are "Local Storage", "GameCenter" and "MobileAdvert". Could one of those still use UIWebView?

Exact line in the mail:

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop accepting submissions of apps that use UIWebView APIs.

Thanks in advance.

• Mmm it's possible that one of them does. You are better directing your question to Ashley at the moment though.

• Nepeo are you still working for scirra? I noticed you are not assigned to any bugs.

• Today I received this message when I attempt to upload a build. Looks like the issue persists.

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - New apps that use UIWebView are no longer accepted. Instead, use WKWebView for improved security and reliability. Learn more (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview).

I think it is because of the official Advert plugin. I haven't received the above message in my last build (it doesn't have the Advert) but I added Advert in my latest build. Is there anything I could or am I missing to make it work?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This should have been fixed in R195, which version are you using?

• Today I received this message when I attempt to upload a build. Looks like the issue persists.

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - New apps that use UIWebView are no longer accepted. Instead, use WKWebView for improved security and reliability. Learn more (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview).

I think it is because of the official Advert plugin. I haven't received the above message in my last build (it doesn't have the Advert) but I added Advert in my latest build. Is there anything I could or am I missing to make it work?

I have the same problem. I use R197.2

• I'm using R197.2 stable version. fredriksthlm

It is due to the official Advert plugin, the build has successfully summitted on the App Store upon removing this plugin.

As mentioned by you, if this issue was fixed in R195, do I have to do anything from myside to make it work?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)