Apple AppStore app submission issues with UIWebView

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Red Apple Game Sprites Suitable for side scrolling, action, adventure, and endless runner game.
  • In r195 we updated Mobile Advert to use WKWebView instead of UIWebView:

Mobile Advert: updated to use WKWebView instead of UIWebView on iOS

This involved updating Google's ad consent library - googleads-consent-sdk-ios - to v1.0.5, which switched UIWebView for WKWebView. The update was published as construct-mobile-adverthwe@1.6.0. I just searched our code and there are no results for "UIWebView", so it looks like it was completely switched.

So it's hard to know why you'd still get a warning about UIWebView. Maybe Apple's warning is wrong, or Google's library did not completely remove UIWebView, or you used the wrong version of Construct, or you're doing a manual build and haven't updated the plugins, or it's a different third-party addon that's actually causing the problem, or something else.

• 'UIWebView' is in the 'Google Mobile Ads SDK'

Google itself deleted this code only in version 7.55.0 from 2020‑02‑04

Description:

Removed all references to UIWebView. UIWebView is no longer supported.

Proof

developers.google.com/admob/ios/rel-notes

Now C3 uses 'Google Mobile Ads SDK' version 7.43.0 in plugin 'MobileAdvert'

I tried to install version 7.58.0

It really helps, but the sound fades after showing ADS.😭

Please, when you have time, solve this problem.🥺

• Admob wrote me a email:

Text:

Update the Google Mobile Ads SDK for iOS to ensure compatibility with the App Store

Dear Publisher!

In December last year, Apple announced that from April 2020 on the App Store it will not be possible to publish applications that use UIWebView, and from December 2020 - corresponding updates for applications.

All versions of the GMA SDK, starting with 7.55.0 (dated February 4, 2020), by default use WKWebview, not UIWebView.

To ensure compliance with the requirements of the App Store, follow these steps:

1) Update the GMA SDK to version 7.55.0 or later as soon as possible and apply it to the application.

2) If you use Open Bidding or in-app mediation, check out the information below. It lists the minimum SDK versions of third-party ad networks that support WKWebView. Also make sure that the adapter versions match the SDK.

List of minimum new SDK versions of third-party ad networks that use WKWebView

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • OK, I guess we need to update another part of the SDK as well as the consent SDK. I'll look in to that.

• I've updated the Google Mobile Ads SDK to 7.58.0. The change should be live on the build server now for all versions of Construct, so I think this will resolve the problem already. Hopefully this won't have broken anything...

• Before that, I manually collected 7.58 for iOS and I lost sound after showing ads.

I’ll check and write about the results here within an hour.

===============================

good job👍

The sound does not disappear.

ads-sdk sends new events to firebase.

===============================

I downloaded the application on the App Store and I did not receive a notification about UIWebView.

I think the issue can be considered resolved.😎👍

• I've updated the Google Mobile Ads SDK to 7.58.0. The change should be live on the build server now for all versions of Construct, so I think this will resolve the problem already. Hopefully this won't have broken anything...

still there is a problem.

Sound is lost after playing the video ad.

Restarting Layout solves this problem. (if music format .m4a)

If advertising uses sound, then the sound disappears in the game.

• Ashley Thanks alot :D

• > I've updated the Google Mobile Ads SDK to 7.58.0. The change should be live on the build server now for all versions of Construct, so I think this will resolve the problem already. Hopefully this won't have broken anything...

still there is a problem.

Sound is lost after playing the video ad.

Restarting Layout solves this problem. (if music format .m4a)

If advertising uses sound, then the sound disappears in the game.

Yes, I'm facing the same issue with the sound disappearing after playing an ad. I thought it was something I did. Any updates? Ashley

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)