Metroidvania Game Kit (Out Now!)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
10 Loopable Tracks, and 34 SFX. Perfect for Metroidvania, Platformer, Adventure games.
  • I'm pumped not only that you all released this, but made it look really cool too.

• You can't put a price on a resource as awesome as this, from such a respected member of the community. I will absolutely be grabbing a copy as soon as it is released

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Me too, please let me know when it's available!

• Update #4

-Subscreen

-Enemies

-Missiles

-Aiming

-Pickups

-New areas

Almost done!

• You know whats sad about this... your game kit looks a lot more polished and feature complete than the game I've been working on for the last year and a half.

Looking amazing by the way!

• ryanrybot Ha! Well I've been in game development for ~8 years and this is the first thing I've ever sold so I want it to be good! Also very fortunate to be able to work with an artist like 7soul.

Also I want to say that we'll probably put out an update or two after the launch for additional content. For example, I'm not sure if we should bother adding more abilities like Super Metroid had, since they are just "fluff" at this point. The goal is to teach the fundamentals of a metroid-style game and provide a solid template to build on, so they don't seem very important. However, if those are things some of you want we'll see what we can do.

• This looks great! When it is going to be available?

• From what I can see in your GIFs, the gameplay is really shining.

I'm definitely interested in this engine when it gets released.

Excellent job, BTW.

• Wow this is just awesome. I'm definitely interested when it's available. I'm wondering about short range weapons like in castlevania tho... although I'm sure that should be a non-issue.

• Wow this is just awesome. I'm definitely interested when it's available. I'm wondering about short range weapons like in castlevania tho... although I'm sure that should be a non-issue.

I'm sure each item will have stats to tweak.

• megatronx It's taken a bit longer than expected since we're bouncing between this and Copy Girl. I'd say another 2-3 weeks. Mostly for finishing the map, finishing touches, audio, and promo stuff. I'm also thinking of including a walk-through video since this might be confusing for beginners.

Ragevortex I actually haven't considered any short/melee weapons ^^; The metroidvania in it mostly refers to the open world system & map...and metroid since it stemmed from my ZM engine. As I said before though, we are open to adding new things in later updates.

• Tokinsom it's cool. I'm eagerly waiting for this since I have been longing to make my own castlevania-ish game for years... I haven't been able to get around to it although I have the design, concept and story lines already set (for more than one) I've been concentrating on learning C2 and make "small" web-games for work rather than making my games. This would greatly improve the chances of me finishing one of the older ones and have fun in the process.

• I'm looking forward to this kit. The hype is VERY real

Will it only support pixel art games ?

• LemonDROP You can use any kind of graphics or resolution you want! We're just using pixel art because that's our thing. Nearly everything is coded using variables instead of hard numbers so it only takes a few tweaks to have full HD game or whatever.

• About to release Tokinsom?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)