A Small Robot Story (DEMO AVAILABLE) | Dev Log

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Demo Game Multiplayer Online with member registration system
  • That is a neat idea. Will the change of time happen from stage to stage or is there an actual timer that controls the sunrise?

• That is a neat idea. Will the change of time happen from stage to stage or is there an actual timer that controls the sunrise?

I'm thinking something simpler. Just a couple of different layouts that use the different color tilesets.

• Uber cuteness!

• HR78 Thanks

Video of 2nd level artwork can be seen here.

Currently working on the cave tileset for the same level.

• SIGH -

Just saw 2nd level video, I love what parallax can do to Platformer' s graphic.

• Cave art for part 2 of Level 2. Going to tweak those parallax layers a bit (make them not repeat as often, animate the waterfalls), but it's getting there!

• keep on going ! nice work

• looking good man.

• mudmask DREZO Thanks guys!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It looks interesting!

• Decided to make the cave color palette purple. Definitely feels more like what I want. Also made the background animated which is a first so far in this game. This about wraps up tile art for Level 2 - "Maynard Falls". Get to start programming new enemies this week!

One note: the animated background is actually an animated sprite. C2 doesn't allow animated tilemaps or tiled backgrounds. So, unfortunately, I'm copying and pasting the same animated sprite. Now I know this is a "no-no" but I *may* be able to get away with it. My resolution is only 256x144, I'm using small images and parallax so I may need to only copy the image 3-4 times per layout. Only an export will truly tell and I don't feel comfortable doing that until I have a whole layout designed. We'll see!

• is it just the waterfall portion that's animated? or is it the whole background itself? that purple is looking pretty dope.

• is it just the waterfall portion that's animated? or is it the whole background itself? that purple is looking pretty dope.

Thanks! The whole "far" background image is the animated sprite. However just the waterfall portion of that art is animated.

• The view in that gif looks good at least. The no copying thing is pretty much a result of modern stronger systems that allow variety so this is a nice peek to past when things were a bit different By the way, Will you be waiting with the next playable release until the game is complete or will you be releasing other demos in between?

• I'll be holding off until the game is complete for a release. I want to try and push it through the Greenlight process while still in development.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)