immortalx and byondisoft Ah thanks guys! Really appreciate the kind words
I just established a deadline (will be publicly showing the demo) and I would like it to be finished by then! Looking at the 3rd week of November right now. I'm working on this in my free time, so the pace isn't super quick. This is on top of normal human adult stuff (full-time job, playing in a band, at the gym multiple times a week, running a game dev meetup, shopping for a house).
What's left, bc? (pt. 2)
- This week: finish last 2 screens of level design
- 2nd week: finish scripted events and dialogue
- 3rd week: pause, title, and game over screen
- 4th week: 1/2 of enemy art
- 5th week: remaining 1/2 of enemy art
- 6th week: music and sfx
- 7th week: bugs
This is only a demo, so I'm not terribly worried about it being perfect. There are a lot of things I already want to add/redo, but I'd rather put something out than spend forever working on it.