A Small Robot Story (DEMO AVAILABLE) | Dev Log

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Demo Game Multiplayer Online with member registration system
  • Dialogue portraits are done! This pretty much wraps up main art assets. Got to tidy up a few things and it's on to music.

• What kind of music were you thinking?

• I've been writing chiptune music via LSDJ for about 5 years now. Definitely going that direction.

You can hear examples of that music on my bandcamp page.

• Everything looks amazing brother. Cant Wait.

• Nicotine Thanks! Dim is shapely up nicely too

• Much appreciated!

• The A Small Robot Story demo will be released on Monday, November 23rd. Almost there!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • bclikesyou You have some sick good stuff! Especially Bad Wolf. Love it! I am really looking forward to the music for the game

• Sneak peek of that title music! All written on a GameBoy in LSDJ.

Demo will drop in a week! Feeling good

• Stickers!

And the demo will be out tomorrow! I'll be sure to update this thread...a few times

• The demo is up on itch.io! Please try it out and let me know if you run in to any serious issues. Thanks!

http://bclikesyou.itch.io/a-small-robot-story-demo

• Awlrighty! I played through the demo and here comes some comments:

• Music is awesome!
    • Right shift as a gun key is not a good choice. I died a few times because of the sticky key window popping up.
    • For movement, I know that WASD is a popular and used one but it makes my wrist hurt after 15 minutes. That is just because of the positioning of W
    • There is a good difficulty. I died a few times before I reached the Foreman and had to re-start twice. Mostly because I had a wrong approach at the towers that wake up in RAE's proximity.
    • The tools that give more health are sometimes behind a bit too much trouble but once I thought of a few moves, I got better.

I look forward to more of the story

• Awlrighty! I played through the demo and here comes some comments:

• Music is awesome!
    • Right shift as a gun key is not a good choice. I died a few times because of the sticky key window popping up.
    • For movement, I know that WASD is a popular and used one but it makes my wrist hurt after 15 minutes. That is just because of the positioning of W
    • There is a good difficulty. I died a few times before I reached the Foreman and had to re-start twice. Mostly because I had a wrong approach at the towers that wake up in RAE's proximity.
    • The tools that give more health are sometimes behind a bit too much trouble but once I thought of a few moves, I got better.

I look forward to more of the story

Thanks for playing the demo and for the recommendations! I plan to make the controls customizable for the full release as well as 3 difficulty settings.

• You are most welcome and good to hear! A Small Robot Story really is a great game. Good job there

• Thanks to everyone who tried the demo out! Again if you haven't, download it for free here and let me know what you think!

Took a good 2 weeks off of development but now I'm back!

Working on my Level 2 tileset. This level is called "Maynard Forest" and when you start out, it's nighttime. As you progress, it will become morning and the tileset color scheme will shift to represent that. This is the base tileset and I will adjust the color hues to represent night, morning, and day time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)