A Hole In the Earth (Blaster Master type game)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A simple fun and stylish endless scroller game ready to be customized and published.
  • Rhindon, I'm sure if you feel led to do something like that, doors will be opened for you.

Well... let's see. I've almost finished the weapon select system. It's very much like Super Metroid's, which I liked better than BM's (going into the menu to switch sub-weapons was kind of a pain). I'm thinking of doing a Super Missile similar to the way Metroid Prime did it, where you charge up your shot that uses 5 missiles instead of one. That should keep things simpler, rather than adding more weapon selections to the hud.

Also I'm starting to work on the graphics for the drops, like health and missile refills, so getting the drops working will be next.

• ryanrybot - Very thoughtful planning! And blending features from BM and Metroid is perfect. In a rather loose sense, they share many similar features in terms of exploration. So I think that will work very well.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ...speaking of doors, have you see the wardrobe to Narnia? I can't find it. LOL

• Wow, nice work

• Haha Rhindon! Classics. It's been quite a while.

Thanks for taking a look, Iolva! I appreciate it a lot.

• - indeed. My favorites. Hence my user name. The name of Peter's sword, actually.

• Why you don't add an other gamepad layout, so people can choose?

Second: left thumbstick - move, right - aim.

• That is something I have been thinking about implementing, I will see about working on other control types when I have all the mechanics in place ...and a menu to select them from.

I'm still playing around with hud elements, weapons selections and such to see what works, but once I have finalized the first control scheme I'll see about implementing other ones. If I have a big idea and change a bunch of stuff it would be far easier to make changes to one control type than to multiple ones. The keyboard and controller are set up exactly the same, so it's not a big deal to just put an 'or' statement in there, but adding full rotation to the cannon with a second analog stick would require me to completely redo the tank's movement. There's still a bit of work left to do, so I thank you for your continued patience.

• Think about to replace your keyboard controls completly. w,s,a,d, space... (attention french keyboard layout) with mouse support for aim and shoot/shield. Many platformer use similar controls.

• I've been working on some weapons lately, mostly stuff like this...

There will be a new build up soon. I just have to tinker with a few more things and get them fun to play with, but it won't be until after the Easter weekend.

• I've been working on some weapons lately, mostly stuff like this...

There will be a new build up soon. I just have to tinker with a few more things and get them fun to play with, but it won't be until after the Easter weekend.

Sweet effect! Is the particle implode before firing animation an animation, or particle effect?

• Sweet effect! Is the particle implode before firing animation an animation, or particle effect?

Thanks !

The particle effect is a sprite animation as I couldn't quite get the look I was after with the C2 particle emitter.

• That looks awesome, great progress!

• Hi,

That looks a great game.

I'm wondering why the ennemy didn't touch the player when is outside the vehicule?

Ps: your particle effect is awesome

• Thanks billy Bleeks!

I appreciate you taking the time to try it out,

The character just hasn't had as much development time as some of the other mechanics, so some things like collisions and proper animations are still missing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)