Courier - Brand new trailer!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • WOW! This game looks absoluely fantastic. If I had to play a single game for the rest of my life I would wait for this. 10/10 GOTY. I will get a job at IGN to give you a 10/10 with them too. Beautiful, amazing, spectacular, exciting, I can hardly come up with any Earthly words to explain this game. You've brought it together so well, and are a true inspiration to me. When I grow up I want to be an amazing game developer like you, but I know that will never happen because your skills are out of this worldplsmarryme. Thank you for being the greatest man to ever live.

• Here are two more shots in the overworld area of the game. The first is showing part of a new batch of NPCs that are in the beach area. The other is just a neat location with a cave entrance. Enjoy!

• C-7 It's been a real treat to watch your game grow! Great work

• Very beautiful overall but all the maps looking empty

• mrnannings Yeah, that´s the first thing that popped into my mind. Looks good overall, but lacks all the details.

• Keep up the good work!

• Ya know, you guys are right. I was still stuck in the mindset of making the game as a browser game that I wanted to omit too many tiny details that would bog it down for some users. I've since gone back through and applied a lot more detail throughout (and am adding more). Here's a look at how it's coming along:

And a lower-res gif showing some motion:

• I love the life that that animation brings into your game. Thumbs up and good luck with your project. It looks amazing, so far!

• This is one of my favorite projects to follow on the forums.

It blows my mind what you're able to do with C2!

You're doing such a fantastic job with your lighting, and I think if you pushed it a bit further it would really make your game "pop."

If you look at a game like Diablo 2 (I know it's old and isometric, but stick with me here...) they put a lot of contrast in their light and dark areas, and that really helped the game to not feel "flat."

Right now a lot of the materials in your screenshots blend together, and sometimes it can be hard to distinguish where one material begins and another begins (tree leaves to grass, and rock wall to roof shingles are two examples).

When stuff blends together like that it starts to feel a little flat. You have a great color palette though and I think if you just darkened those shadows quite a bit it would add some great outlines and really make the game sing visually!

Not offended if you don't listen to me though, your game looks fantastic as is.

• You're doing such a fantastic job with your lighting, and I think if you pushed it a bit further it would really make your game "pop."

Thank you a ton! I've heard numerous people give different opinions on where I should go graphically/color-wise with the game. So I made multiple variations on things and applied different color settings to them and polled people to see what was most appealing and liked. Firstly, my reasons for the more muted colors is because I wanted to avoid the all-primary-colors look of a lot of games and wanted to distance it from the cartoonish look of a lot of games now. I also liked the cohesion given throughout. So I toyed with a bunch of stuff and got to a look that I still like and people seem to enjoy more. It really makes the older shots look dull by comparison, which I'm okay with! I have no delusions of being perfect, so I'm glad to see changes implemented that people have asked for that seem to improve the game. Have a look!

• Nice!

That's a huge difference from the shot on the previous page and really makes it easier to tell where one material ends and another begins.

Super excited to play!

• Thanks! Here are a couple more:

Click for full size

• I really like the tileset!

I'm just not too keen on that character art, to me it clashes a lot with the semi-realistic style you have going on with the in-game graphics.

I think this kind of rendering would give the whole graphics a good, consistent feel.

I agree, more realistic characters will really give this a boost.

• > I really like the tileset!

> I'm just not too keen on that character art, to me it clashes a lot with the semi-realistic style you have going on with the in-game graphics.

>

> I think this kind of rendering would give the whole graphics a good, consistent feel.

>

I agree, more realistic characters will really give this a boost.

Thanks for the input! This is actually one of the opinions with which I completely disagree. I ran through a number of styles of characters initially (including more realistic) and it shifted into generic instead of matching. Thematically, the character styles fit quite well--much of the game is quite light-hearted, even when it gets darker. I feel if they were any more textured, they would be more difficult to read visually and would get lost in the environments. The proportions are a little exaggerated, the texturing is more muted (though still present), the shading is a little more contrasted, and they have very slight outlines. But this contrast is important to gameplay--the people are the primary gameplay elements that you interact with throughout along with puzzle 'devices' and obstacles. So thank you, but that's an element I'm quite happy with and will keep.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you going to sell it?Because it looks like a great game and would sell easily.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)