BRUTE

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Brute character 2d sprites for your Project . This assets is for developers who want to create their mobile game apps
  • Either way I'm not too fussed really, just promised myself I'd release a game this year and Orbit development is still quite slow, Brute is intentionally minimalist and constrained so that I can at least release this initial version of the game and be happy

K, sounds pretty familiar! I feel it is better to know your limitations and just release something to clear the table. It is easy to get stuck on prototyping.

Good luck.

• Can't decide what style I like more, clean and high resolution lines or fuzzy, low resolution ones. I made a video to compare the two

https://youtu.be/hq-I0wp0XPI

• Send me a PM if you'd be interested in playtesting the game btw, I'd love some feedback... Looking to have a demo build of the first 15 levels done by this Friday. The levels were finished ages ago but I need to do some work on the menus etc before I can send it out.

My friend just played it and described it as:

• Can't decide what style I like more, clean and high resolution lines or fuzzy, low resolution ones. I made a video to compare the two

https://youtu.be/hq-I0wp0XPI

For what it's worth, IMO the high resolution lines look a lot better. The visuals really pop.

• High for sure.. too much pixel stuff around for my liking nowadays

• maybe you should rename the game to (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

+1 for the high res, & pm sent

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • spongehammer

mattb

Thanks yeah I think I'm going for high, seems to be the majority opinion

• This looks awesome. Another vote in support of the high res. I like all your minimalistic aesthetic to your work, it's definitely got alot of appeal. Stoked to see more.

• This looks awesome. Another vote in support of the high res. I like all your minimalistic aesthetic to your work, it's definitely got alot of appeal. Stoked to see more.

Thank you, is encouraging to hear

• I like minimalistic art style. Looking forward to trying this out whenever a demo is available.

• Cryptwalker - thank you, I'll send you a demo build on PM hopefully Friday you may try if you wish

• Cryptwalker - thank you, I'll send you a demo build on PM hopefully Friday you may try if you wish

Hey that'd be great!

• Up to level 44 / 50 - not far to go! When I reach 50 I start making the 50 'dark' remix version of those levels. After that it's playtest, playtest, playtest to see where the weak points are.

Tomorrow should be sending out the first 15 levels to get some first impressions on the core mechanics.

• I've made a new trailer to celebrate hitting my 50 standard stages landmark today. Unfortunately not going to get test demos out today as it took all day to finish the final levels. Will aim to get the builds out on Monday.

Anyway let me know what you think https://youtu.be/P9V_RgOUB0g

After I've finished the 50 remix levels next, I'll work on getting the menu / saving / loading / speedrun modes finished before going back through all the levels, tweaking, adding lots of detail polish and new art & sound etc.

• I've sent out test-builds to those interested, let me know if I missed you!

Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)