Action-RPG Gamekit/SDK (WIP)

  • https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tmv3e0mn32gm ... S_G8V2jW7a

    1.0-hotfix2

    A second albeit late hotfix has been released for the gamekit, fixing a few weird bugs:

    *Fixed player-state not resetting if the player exits a non-dungeon door while carrying a pot or bush

    *Fixed sword being able to be swung while lifting objects

    *Fixed bushes not being able to be cut down with the sword

  • Made a small screwup where 1.0 and 1.0-hotfix2 were packaged together. It should be fixed now.

  • Progress on the gamekit is currently a slog. Somehow lost an entire week's worth of development due to a BSOD. Had backups being made from Construct 2 too, was fucking weird. Yet, after the BSOD, apparently only had a backup from 12/31/2017 left. Am trying to make up the difference ASAP. The system-vars to hash-table conversion will be done soon, hopefully.

    I'm currently trying to convert the gamekit from the engine's in-system global variables to variables stored in a hash-table to make it more self-contained. It's breaking lots of shit as expected, functionality wise and debugging it is both fun and also incredibly frustrating.

  • Managed to makeup the devtime lost from a BSOD in about three days, actually made good time. The gamekit's dungeon eventsheet is back up to speed near entirely, so we're back on track now.

  • Yep yep, I've been absent for a while, I haven't touched the gamekit in a while, here's why!

    It was an upgrade that was in the works since mid December last year, I bought some of the parts up to this point and got the final parts last week...so I've been spending this weekend and the week before building my new rig, which is Ryzen based!

    For those curious, the specs of my new build is below.

    OS: Windows 10 Home (64-Bit)

    PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W (Semi-Modular)

    Motherboard: MSI B350 PC Mate ATX AM4

    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core 3.5 GHz

    CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2

    GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 SC VRAM

    RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4-2133

    Boot-Drive: SanDisk Ultra 3D 250 GB Sata-III/NAND SSD (in an Icy Dock 3.5" Enclosure)

    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB Sata-III/TLC SSD & WD-Black 1TB HDD 7200 RPM & WD-RE4 2TB HDD 7200 RPM

  • Cool !

    How much did that set you back ?

    Are you feeling better LaDestitute by the way? (Reference your topic: Having doubts and stress as a developer.)

  • A grand total of $994.58. I can say goodbye to $109 from that, as the PSU I originally ordered arrived DOA, thus I'm using my much older but still reliable OCZ PSU. Thanks Ontrac, you shitshow >_>

    It only costed so highly because I had to buy the GPU I really wanted on Ebay...set me back about $354. Blame Bitcoin miners and them causing that ungodly stupid GPU shortage.

    Yep yep, much better!

    I did really need a break so taking a small month hiatus or so from my gamekit helped with my confidence a lot.

  • LaDestitute Some investment (^-^) !

    Wait, no refund or replacement on the PSU (@.@) ? No love from the vendor?

    Ontrac has a "1 star" rating.

    So what did they do to your PSU? Slam dunk it on the front porch?

    Good that you're feeling better.

    Sometimes one forgets his/hers humanity, gotta take care of yourself (^o^) !

  • Standard RMA process. Talked through with EVGA, they printed me a shipping label, I just gotta print it. I need new printing paper and ink, though, it's been forever since I used a printer even.

    I dunno. It just arrived DOA. It came with a PSU tester and I had another PSU to test...the new EVGA one didn't even start the fan up with the tester, and it was right out of the box in pristine condition.

    Anyhow:

    The gamekit is now back with more development progress now...having gotten over the huddle of the bigger chunks of code to look over, so moving the gamekit over to a hashtable should be done fairly soon. A lot sooner than I calculated, actually.

    Also, now removing any solid estimated ETA...I'm gonna follow in Chucklefish and ConcernedApe's footsteps and just say the gamekit will be done when it's done. Less pressure on me and I generally perform better with no strict deadline looming over.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The move over to a variable-dictionary is now 95% complete, all eventsheets moved over (some legacy variables kept, such as Action breaking if moved to a dictionary key) and will do a passover in the morning tomorrow to doublecheck and ensure nothing was broke in the process.

    Also will need to doublecheck the moving of the State variable along with ensuring that the functions for saving/loading files or creating new ones fully works with the dictionary in mind (I'm tired and lazy so I glossed over that for now)

  • Exciting news! Can't wait to see this thing when it's complete

  • This is intended as the second to last prealpha build before release, excluding any hotfixes after v1.2.

    https://gitlab.com/LaDestitute/A-RPG-Gamekit/tags/v1.1

    Edit:

    Please excuse a temporary downtime for download links. Am gonna restructure the gitlab tags/dropbox links so I can make the v1.0 build also available, if anyone is curious to check it out to see how far the gamekit has come

    I'll also throw up any really old builds I have after compiling them. Like, I probably might have something as old as prealpha 0.1

  • A hotfix for v1.1 is now available, come get it! I'll have some older versions available later today, which will be 0.7.5, 0.3, 0.2, and 0.9 but I'm gonna go get some rest.

    https://gitlab.com/LaDestitute/A-RPG-Ga ... ags/v1.1h1

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)