How do I scroll the camera away from the player?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • Hello,

For my game I have something like a cutscene, where the camera wants to move smoothly away from the character to show something important happening on the other side of the level layout.

I've been experimenting about, and I've yet to find something that can work for this. I also need this "cutscene" to be triggered by pressing "Enter" ....

There has already been a post for something similar to this, but I still couldn't get it to work - please help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Show event sheet where (or partial game source) you suspected to be a problem. Perhaps some event didn't handle correctly.

• I've just figured out a way to make it work - thank you though!

I'll explain it here for anyone else who has the same problem :))

For this, I put in a solid-coloured sprite and named it Camera, and then shrunk it down, and it went on top of my player.

This sprite was also given the "Pin" and "ScrollTo" behaviours, and I made it initially invisible.

Bear in mind, the camera doesn't scroll to the desired point, it just flicks to it - though I'm fairly sure the code just needs a little adding to make that work.

So, for the System: Onstart of layout, I put this:::

And then, just after a conversation has ending, it triggered the camera moving away from the player:::

And to move it back to the player:::

I hope this has helped anyone wanting the desired result, and thank you alextro for willing to help, I appreciate it :))

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)