How do I make a candy crush like structure?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Game user interface pack with jelly theme for creating casual and puzzle games
  • Hello,

I wonder if someone already make a tutorial about the general structure of a game.

I'am not talking the game itself but more about the menu and the general organization.

Like in candy crush, you get a new life every hour (or you can buy some), You can only go to another level after finishing the previous.

You know all thoses stuff who are not part of the game but necessary.

• I probably don't use the good search word. I assume everybody at a moment ask themself this question too but i don't find any tutorial.

How manage the level and everything.

• Level unlocking:

construct.net/en/tutorials/level-selector-995

To add a life every hour you can check system time:

Set currentTime variable to Browser.ExecJS("Math.floor(Date.now()/1000);")

This will give you current unix time in seconds. Divide it by 3600 to get the number of hours. Check if an hour or more has passed since you last awarded a life.

In Construct 3 you can use unixtime expression instead of Browser.ExecJS

You can also try downloading big complete game templates (free or commercial) that have these mechanics from Scirra store.

• Thanks for your answear.

I will try to do that.

• The problem with the tutorial you post before.

Is that all my unlock level will look like the same. I must use the same frame/ animation for all the differents levels.

Is there a possibility to tell that the level 2 will have a picture of 2?

Thanks

• You can create separate animations for each level. And in each animation add frames for locked level, unlocked level, completed level.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't get how I can do that. I thinks we don't have this possibility in construct 2.

On the previous tuto, that's the same sprite who is duplicate many times.

Also i don't get why but it's not working as it should.

• To add a life every hour you can check system time:

Set currentTime variable to Browser.ExecJS("Math.floor(Date.now()/1000);")

This will give you current unix time in seconds. Divide it by 3600 to get the number of hours. Check if an hour or more has passed since you last awarded a life.

In Construct 3 you can use unixtime expression instead of Browser.ExecJS

You can also try downloading big complete game templates (free or commercial) that have these mechanics from Scirra store.

Sorry that's not clear for me how it should looks like, for adding a life every hour.

Unfortunetly i don't find any who have this structure.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)