Two Node-webkit problems still on v.168 [Temp Freeze fix!]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Footsteps SFX Two contains 450 sounds of steps and jumps on different surfaces.
  • So far 0.8.6 also seems to be working here. Yesterday I tried 0.9.2 but that one did freeze for me. Am I reading it right on the node-webkit page that there are two different versions now that they maintain? 0.8.6 is 2 weeks ago so thats pretty recent.

Is this related to this problem? https:// groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/node-webkit/2OJ1cEMPLlA/09BvpTagSA0J

Yesterday I posted this link here to the node-webkit github, sadly the issue is closed, it also mentions a freezing problem.

https:// github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit/issues/1363

So probably they know about those freezes, and they decided to work on 0.8.x. My guess.

Is this related to this problem? https:// groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/node-webkit/2OJ1cEMPLlA/09BvpTagSA0J

No. Post is about upload button that is not working.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • scaffa not sure how this exactly works but there are two branches of NW v0.8.6 - Apr 18, 2014 and v0.9.2 - Feb 20, 2014 and they depends on which Node module you are using - but don't know what's the difference between these Node's

megatronx since R164 C2 uses NW 0.9.2

• scaffa not sure how this exactly works but there are two branches of NW v0.8.6 - Apr 18, 2014 and v0.9.2 - Feb 20, 2014 and they depends on which Node module you are using - but don't know what's the difference between these Node's

megatronx since R164 C2 uses NW 0.9.2

Yep... the moment I saw your post, same moment my test started to freeze! XD

Ok, so back to 0.8.6 then.

• hehe

So they fu*ked up 0.9.2 then. Nice

Maybe we could ask Ashley to develop his own native exporter? (lol, rotfl, etc. xD)

• Maybe we could ask Ashley to develop his own native exporter? (lol, rotfl, etc. xD)

Obviously, that would be best solution for us! I think Ashley should hire part-time another dev to help him out.

hehe

So they fu*ked up 0.9.2 then. Nice

Who knows XD. For now we're somewhat sorted as they are going to maintain 0.8 for some time. But what's gonna happen later once they drop it but the freezes will continue in the newer versions? eh, guess got to stay optimistic XD

• I don't think regressing NW versions is a good permanent solution - we need to find out what's actually causing the issue and get it fixed.

• Obviously, that would be best solution for us! I think Ashley should hire part-time another dev to help him out.

I wonder if John Carmack is available xD

Who knows XD. For now we're somewhat sorted as they are going to maintain 0.8 for some time. But what's gonna happen later once they drop it but the freezes will continue in the newer versions? eh, guess got to stay optimistic XD

Could you please stop editing your post while I'm trying to replay? I had to start over cause you changed a context in your sentence xD

There still one interesting question to answer. Why it's freezing only on export and why it's working fine on preview? C2 is using exactly same NW version to preview and export.

• I don't think regressing NW versions is a good permanent solution - we need to find out what's actually causing the issue and get it fixed.

I agree. Also PREVIEW WORKS so why export doesn't is beyond me!

Maybe it has something to do with caching on hdd?

>

> Obviously, that would be best solution for us! I think Ashley should hire part-time another dev to help him out.

>

I wonder if John Carmack is available xD

> Who knows XD. For now we're somewhat sorted as they are going to maintain 0.8 for some time. But what's gonna happen later once they drop it but the freezes will continue in the newer versions? eh, guess got to stay optimistic XD

>

Could you please stop editing your post while I'm trying to replay? I had to start over cause you changed a context in your sentence xD

There still one interesting question to answer. Why it's freezing only on export and why it's working fine on preview? C2 is using exactly same NW version to preview and export.

John Carmack is busy developing his LSD Binoculars for fb

Hehe Sorry, I sometimes write something then to realize that it's not what I meant to say XD Non-Native-English speakers thing.

• [quote:yje8s581]I think Ashley should hire part-time another dev to help him out.

Or two.

But that's another story

• [quote:1josnnx3]I think Ashley should hire part-time another dev to help him out.

Or two.

But that's another story

• I meant

editor

• Node-webkit is due a new version to bring it up to date with Chrome 34. Let's wait until that's released and see if it's affected. Perhaps it's a problem with the 0.9x branch alone.

• Node-webkit is due a new version to bring it up to date with Chrome 34. Let's wait until that's released and see if it's affected. Perhaps it's a problem with the 0.9x branch alone.

We understand, but we also wander why on preview everything works fine?

• Any progress on this issue? I'm getting freezes about every minute in my game in the node webkit export (sometimes it will freeze for about 10 seconds) As far as I can tell, it seems to freeze when it encounters a new sound (the issue might be related to other things as well, but i've definitely noticed freezes in those conditions.)

i do all my testing with node webkit as my preview mode, i can confirm it doesn't happen in the preview (also strangely, webgl works fine in vista in the preview as well) curious why that should be? can the exporter be setup to export in the same way as the preview? that would solve all my problems in one go

• i do all my testing with node webkit as my preview mode, i can confirm it doesn't happen in the preview (also strangely, webgl works fine in vista in the preview as well) curious why that should be? can the exporter be setup to export in the same way as the preview?

The preview uses webgl properly by using a workaround to a bug in node webkit where ignoring the gpu blacklist via a flag in the manifest doesn't work. If you launch a game via a shortcut with --ignore-gpu-blacklist added to the end of the target it works fine. That part you can do yourself at least.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)