Tilemap behavior.

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Enchanted Forest & Cave 16x16 Tilemap with Environment Sprites
  • Hello,

I see it is possible to give a behavior to tilemap.

But i didn't understand how i give different behavior to different part of the tilemap?

Is it possible?

Or i have to use different tilemap, like one for the wall, one for fire who burn and so on?

Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • While you can use tilemaps as world objects the usual method is as a single map covering the layout.

A regular use of behaviors would be the Solid behavior that other behaviors interact with.

Other behaviors such as Fade, or Platform would make little sense, but can be added nonetheless.

• Sorry, i'am not a native english speaker so I'am not sure i get you.

So you are telling me I should not use tilemap to make my level?

In fact tilemap soud only be use to decorate the background if we cannot use it for the different element of the world game?

For exemple here i'am trying to makke a sokoban game. I have all the diferents elements on a tileset (the players, the walls, the box...)

It's not the right way?

• You can add any behaviors to tilemaps, and you can use tilemaps for different things, not just decoration.

For level design in sokoban game a Tilemap with Solid behavior is a good choice. However, it's better to use sprites for moving objects (boxes and character).

• You can add any behaviors to tilemaps, and you can use tilemaps for different things, not just decoration.

For level design in sokoban game a Tilemap with Solid behavior is a good choice. However, it's better to use sprites for moving objects (boxes and character).

Can you explain me, how i can give different behaviour to the differents element sof the same tilmap?

Because I trully don't find it and have no clue.

• No, that's not what I meant. Tilemap is one object, you can't give behaviors to individual tiles. For example, if you add Fade behavior, it will apply to the whole TileMap, and all tiles will fade at once.

If you need to control/move/animate individual tiles, you need to use Sprites instead.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)