Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • i won't consider going to safe mode, too much hassle if its required to boot to everytime. i'll just wait & try future builds :/

I didn't mean to boot into safe mode every time, just a one off troubleshooting step to see if it might be a driver or service interfering.

• > i won't consider going to safe mode, too much hassle if its required to boot to everytime. i'll just wait & try future builds :/

>

I didn't mean to boot into safe mode every time, just a one off troubleshooting step to see if it might be a driver or service interfering.

tried safe mode, crash on start like normal mode, without dialog saying 'spriter.exe has stopped working', any solution?

• hollowthreat - I will look into this further after B10 (coming soon) since as you suggested, the problem may just fix itself. It's difficult to troubleshoot, as Windows 7 64 bit is one of our most common platforms and this is the first error of this kind reported. I use Win7 64 bit to develop and test Spriter. In the meantime, the only other thing to try if you haven't already is to redownload, uninstall, and reinstall.

• Love the new C2 video -

Great refresher for those who haven't looked at Spriter for a while or those wondering about getting it.

lucid Any news on FFD?

• E Bear - The free-form deformation will come post 1.0. I don't want to give an ETA since we're going to continue to polish 1.0 until it's perfect. Then we will take our time to make free form deformation absolutely perfect, though of course there will be beta versions along the way for Pro users.

What I can say is that the current UI and flexibility for deformation is no indication of the quality of the final version, and the plan is to make it completely simple and fun to use, while being as powerful as possible.

• Great stuff - I couldn't be more satisfied with Spriter as a product

• Thank you very much E Bear. Glad you're enjoying it!

It will only get better from here.

• hollowthreat - I will look into this further after B10 (coming soon) since as you suggested, the problem may just fix itself. It's difficult to troubleshoot, as Windows 7 64 bit is one of our most common platforms and this is the first error of this kind reported. I use Win7 64 bit to develop and test Spriter. In the meantime, the only other thing to try if you haven't already is to redownload, uninstall, and reinstall.

just re-download, uninstall, re-installed, same error point to QtGui4.dll.

i'll wait for next release, btw B8 was working fine for me(haven't tried B9), hope that helps.

• lucid

Hey. I'm having trouble with Spriter. Not sure it's a bug, my computer or a change.

in older versions of Spriter when I double click the graphic in the pallet I get the center/pivot point for the image. When I double Click/apply a different spot; the image/object in the animation would adjust appropriatly. This way I would set the center point to waist and center. That way if the image has different widths or heights it's not a problem.

However recently that doesn't happen at all. I can click the center point on the image pallet anywhere, for any thing and nothing changes. Even when I start a new project. What it seems is that the pivot points changes, but the center point of the object does not.

This has lead that I can't use one template for a body object and then I need to make a new animation for each character. Which really isn't the point of Spriter Character Maps. Is there a key short cut that has been added. In the mean time I went down to B9, but still same problem.

• Yes Jayderyu, there were some bugs introduced to pivot points with character maps in B9 or B10. A user recently reported them, and they are fixed for the upcoming version. Sorry for the inconvenience. B11 should be out by next weekend.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lucid

Oh thank you very much. When I went through the change log and noticed some bugs fixes. I started to think that I was relying on bugs the entire time. thank you so much.

• Error report:

lucid - I saved one of my characters in b10 and imported it to C2. It erased all of the character sprites completely! On the event page, no sprite associations are present at all. If I didn't have an old copy of the character, I would have been screwed!

Now I am using windows 8.1 32 bit

• PSI the Spriter file doesn't have the character on it when you load it in Spriter? Or the C2 project doesn't have the sprites in it? or both?

• lucid - It has all sprites in spriter, when imported into C2, all sprites disappear!

• Let me know if you'd like the spriter file and/or capx.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 5 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 5 guests)