Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Though it's not Construct 2, I thought this was an interesting view of some of the basics that are possible with Spriter when it's used in a game engine:

http://treefortress.com/introducing-spriteras-play-spriter-animations-scml-with-starling/

Looking forward to 1.0!

• docs.google.com/file/d/0B0V2EvCXNzYULTNyWkZZTWNHbXc/edit

Here is the capx where pausing does not work.

Also FYI. I removed "First Animation". "mainmenu" is the only animation in the scml so far.

• hi jayderyu, that one doesn't work because Spriter has no animations ready to play until after 'on_initialized'. It is ignoring actions for animations it can't find, which is all of them at Start of Layout until on_initialized. I will probably eventually make it so at least it will save the animation name for later at some point.

In the meantime, you just need to move those actions to the end of 'on_initialized' and it will work as expected

• ok, so I tried out what you said. "pause animation" Still doesn't work at the end of On_initialized for me. "pause" works at least after the first tick of animation. However, "Play current animation to keyframe: 0" at the end of On_init works really well.

Can we do more than one SCML file. So far all my attemps are leading to crashes :(

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • jayderyu good question... lucid are there any limits to the number of scml imports for a project?

• there should be no limit to the number of scml files.

jayderyu, I tried with your capx with the latest versions of c2 and the plugin, and just moved the actions from start of layout to on initialized and it worked fine.

• hmm. ok. good question. to be fair that's a minimized version.

My project puts the spriter event sheet as a seperate sheet and imports it. I wonder if that may be the problem. That the Spriter ES is imported :|

also I'm using the last stable release. There hasn't been a required that has any features that i desperatly need. Though if a Spriter reimporter came. Then I would jump on that :D

• hmmm. My project is getting a bit Big. However I seemed to have encountered a possible bug in the Spriter plugin.

When using "Player current animation to keyframe". it sometims bugs out when. There seems to be a problem moving through keyframes. Sometimes it will continue on past the keyframe, loop then continue to the right keyframe.

• not sure if this is what you mean, but it will always take the shortest route. If you have the animation set to looping, it will take the shortest route even if it has to go through the loop border between 0 and the end of the animation. If your current time is 900 in a 1000ms animation, and you try to play to 15ms and animation looping is on, it will play through the end, and loop back to the beginning until 15ms.

if that's not what's happening, or turning off looping for the animation doesn't fix it, let me know

• I can understand that, but I i'm more refering to result that is more like

current key 0, command to go to key 1

result goes to key 1, 2, 3, 4, loops to key 0

then goes to key 1.

It's a wierd result. I'll keep an eye on it and check my code some more. but my only commands are "play animation to "

• Nice one! I can't wait. :)

• Am I doing this correctly?

I drag/drop the scml file onto the layout and it expands the animation components to a large pile of stuff (sorry if that isn't game jargon). It appears that you edit behaviors and such on the object but if you want to place the animation you select all components of the animation (all animation parts are consolidated under a 'container').

Does this sound about correct or might I be doing something wrong?

• Newbie C2 user here.

Is it/will it be possible to use Spriter in C2 to make the player customize a character without having the graphics predesigned? Like having a character editor?

Example:

The main character of the game has its clothes and a sword.

But the player wants the character to also have a helmet, a shield, different hair style, and change eye color.

Thanks in advance.

• Am I doing this correctly?

I drag/drop the scml file onto the layout and it expands the animation components to a large pile of stuff (sorry if that isn't game jargon). It appears that you edit behaviors and such on the object but if you want to place the animation you select all components of the animation (all animation parts are consolidated under a 'container').

Does this sound about correct or might I be doing something wrong?

hi kenargo. Sounds about right. I'll probably work out with Ashley the best way to get a better visual representation to drag around the Spriter object itself, but as of now, the Spriter object is a blank square you can drag around to place the object. The large pile of stuff is all the 'body parts', and the Spriter plugin will take control of them, and move them to itself(the blank square) upon start of layout

Newbie C2 user here.

Is it/will it be possible to use Spriter in C2 to make the player customize a character without having the graphics predesigned? Like having a character editor?

Example:

The main character of the game has its clothes and a sword.

But the player wants the character to also have a helmet, a shield, different hair style, and change eye color.

Thanks in advance.

Not possible yet, but definitely will be, this is already supported in Spriter's file format, but hasn't yet been implemented in the current version of Spriter, (or the plugin). You could probably find a way to do this through events, loading in new images to the sprite objects at runtime, but I wouldn't recommend it, because of the workload involved, and the events would need rewriting to take advantage of whichever way it ends up working in the final product.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 6 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 6 guests)