Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Anybody else getting this error after carefully following the instructions?

[attachment=0:3tok55lm][/attachment:3tok55lm]

The only difference between my install & the instructions on Spriter's forum (linked above) is that I have a portable install of C2, so I installed Spriter to that plugin folder instead of to my C drive.

Has anybody got it working successfully on a portable install?

Hi miketv. Sorry to get back to you so late. I'm going to talk to Ashley because this is an importer (c2-side) problem. I'll let you know what he says. Also this works for me if I do a portable install to different folders on my hard drive, but all of my portable devices use MTP so I can't test on a different device. Can you tell me what type of device or setup you're trying to use, and I'll pass that information on to Ashley as well.

would it be possible to make sprite's head and arms follow mouse cursor without having to animate every angle separately?

That will be much easier when I implement subentities in the plugin.

Also, heads up everyone Spriter B10 is released, and has the full feature set for Spriter 1.0.

• lucid - I'm still having a strange displacement on one of my character's animations. This displacement doesn't show up when I look at the animation in spriter b10. I also have the latest scml plugin. Here's what it looks like:

Also, I am still unable to change the opacity of the family of sprites. It seems it might be easier to be able to apply effects directly to the scml object to make it affect the sprites--is that possible? When dealing with multiple instances of the same character onscreen, if I apply an effect to the family of sprites, it affects ALL instances onscreen and not just the one I would like to change. Thanks, Morgan.

• Hi miketv. Sorry to get back to you so late. I'm going to talk to Ashley because this is an importer (c2-side) problem. I'll let you know what he says. Also this works for me if I do a portable install to different folders on my hard drive, but all of my portable devices use MTP so I can't test on a different device. Can you tell me what type of device or setup you're trying to use, and I'll pass that information on to Ashley as well.

I'm not sure if it's MTP or....? But I kept repeating the process & restarting the computer until something happened & it finally worked. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

• lucid I recently bought Spriter Pro and I love it, but I was wondering if it can warp sprites.

Similar to this game:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Notice how the enemy sprites warp as the move along the path.

I know this is a somewhat old post and my answer irrelevant to Spriter's updates/fixes, but ThunderLion , you can achieve similar results like in the video you posted, just by using the warp WebGL effect.

See the attached example.

• lucid

I'm still have problems with pivot points and character maps (while importing the project into the current).

The first problem is that while I choose an object in the files palete the window with pivot point settings appears white or appears with another object I have not clicked.

The second, is when I import project into another within Spriter there is no transmission for char maps.

I have not got the possibility to send scml because graphics is not mine and I can't get approval from the other guy but I think it is an obvious bug, I tested it on different computers and it was everywhere. May be the problem with pivot point is a problem about specific Russian encoding? I tried different manipulations and have not find the solution for a lot of time.

I have tested on the last Spriter beta version

• lucid - It seems that I'm not able to change the opacity or visibility of any spriter sprites in C2. Not sure how many other operations won't work. Thanks.

• Hi lucid,

I have a quick plugin question / request for you.

I'm trying to manage my player object / spriter animation between layouts. Inside Layout 1 a non-global spriter object is created and this is destroyed at the end of the layout (by C2, not by my events). When the spriter object is then created at the start of Layout 2, the same On Initialised trigger (shared event sheet with Layout 1) is not firing. My work-around presently is to set a timer and keep my fingers crossed that the time delay will be adequate.... Would it be possible to have an Is Initialised status check event so that this can be checked on each layout with a trigger once? Or is this a bug? I expected that the creation of a new instance would trigger the On Initialised event.... Thanks!!

• Hi lucid

Do you know where can i get Animations references images like ( run , pull box , swim ... etc ).

Because it's to hard to make a good animations without guides.

Thank's

• A0Nasser , I came across this site some time go: http://www.referencereference.com/index.html

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • eli0s

Thank's alot for the site, After watching some videos i think i will make a quick diet

• Works with vector art style? (First time with this type of tool )

• Kappyh

Not at this time. Spriter tool which is not C2 does not support Vector. However I hear that may be coming someday. C2 also doesn't support Vector at this time. but who knows that one will probably come some day too. but right now no. I'm looking forward to vectors. Though I suspect C2 will only see it when browsers have fast vector rendering on canvas.

• Works with vector art style? (First time with this type of tool )

Hi Kappyh, as jayderyu said you can't directly draw anything in vector graphics, but as Spriter just uses images and assembles them in real time you could use your favorite vector drawing tool to make the character parts, export them to images, and then use those images to reassemble and animate the character in Spriter. Also, we plan to support deformation of images in the future which will allow vector like functionality on images.

everyone else. Thanks for your patience again everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates, but things are going on behind the scenes on several fronts. No ETA just yet, but there is a new version of Spriter and a new version of the scml plugin coming on the way. The latter will address reported bugs and new pro features in Spriter.

• TY lucid and jayderyu

• Looking good tool, I plan to use it for creating some effects in game, but I can`t find so needed for me ability to use "Add" overlay mode for sprites to make some glowing elemets...

Will this be implemented in feature releases in spriter (or its already in it and i`m just blind)?

Thanks for reply and sorry my english!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)