[Solved]What is the best way to export to Android?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Hi,

UPDATE: From all the replies, I get the point that Intel XDK based crosswalk is the best solution (August 2015)

I see tutorials for intel xdk and cocoonjs.

Can anyone please tell me what is the best way to export to Android with Admob and Interstitial ads.

Thank you,

• I prefer XDK as it works seamlessly with Admob (all type of ads) and also many other Ad plugins.

• SamRock any video tutorials on exporting with xdk. My only feeling is that xdk is slower. Even the newer version seems slower,

• vijayrajesh The game I implemented used XDK to publish and so far it moves pretty good. Also C2 has improved and optimized a lot since I published my first version. Unless you're planning on having a ton of things happen at once in which poor optimization and planning will kill your game's performance; I'd say XDK is the way to go. As always it will also depends on what you want to make.

• My only feeling is that xdk is slower.

It is slower. But you asked for the best way and it is.. it's not the fastest, but the best one overall with the least trouble.

• SamRock any video tutorials on exporting with xdk. My only feeling is that xdk is slower. Even the newer version seems slower,

You should checkout my Isometric (2.5D) game,(link in signature). Its very fast paced and runs smoothly on most phones.

I dont have any videos for that

But I believe there are many articles here explaining How its done. On an high level, you export to Cordova->Open XDK->New Project->Import HTML5->Select your exported path.

Most plugins (admob, IAP) will be automatically added by XDK.

Then in Project setting you define, the APK properties like version number, App name, description etc.

After all this, directly goto Build and create your APK

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > SamRock any video tutorials on exporting with xdk. My only feeling is that xdk is slower. Even the newer version seems slower,

>

You should checkout my Isometric (2.5D) game,(link in signature). Its very fast paced and runs smoothly on most phones.

I dont have any videos for that

But I believe there are many articles here explaining How its done. On an high level, you export to Cordova->Open XDK->New Project->Import HTML5->Select your exported path.

Most plugins (admob, IAP) will be automatically added by XDK.

Then in Project setting you define, the APK properties like version number, App name, description etc.

After all this, directly goto Build and create your APK

How'd you manage to get so much downloads? I mean, did it just become popular on it's own?

• >

> After all this, directly goto Build and create your APK

>

How'd you manage to get so much downloads? I mean, did it just become popular on it's own?

Yes, it did!! I only did little bit of Facebook and Twitter promotions. Within few weeks it exploded into 1000s of downloads

Secret Pro Tip: Use as many languages as you can in the Store Listing

• Thanks SamRock , thanks for your time in the inputs, I appreciate it.

And it is great to see your downloads. I hope you are making good revenue in ads,

Thank you,

• Thanks SamRock , thanks for your time in the inputs, I appreciate it.

And it is great to see your downloads. I hope you are making good revenue in ads,

Thank you,

Well not really. Most of my downloads were from countries where the Ad quality and revenue is very low

Eg: From Philippines I used to get about 1000s of downloads, so even when 25 people click an Ad, that used to get translated into a meagerly $0.1

For some reason, Google never shows my game on US/Europe markets even when it has been performing very well.

• SamRock That is really hard to see. May be you can try publishing the game in iOS with price tag. That can sometime help too. I have been in Android store. But not in the iOS yet. But sometimes, I think iOS is good for game makers,

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)