Is Official IAP plugin still used?

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Hi I would like to know if there is anyone who uses an Official IAP plugin?

The problem with Official IAP is that it does not support consumable products and have problems with restoring purchases, but now it seems to have bigger problem. I just tried to test it out and couldn't make it work at all.

Problems with official IAP plugin:

1. It does not support consumable products

2. It has problems with restoring purchases

3. It does not support Base64-encoded RSA license key provided by the market

4. It does not request billing permissions

5. It looks like currently it does not work at all

Other plugins I know don't have those issues so I'm wondering if anyone is still using this plugin somehow or it's a dead one?

I just want to know which plugin do you use guys for your IAPs so I could implement and test MoModth modules to cover all what's needed.

• Cordova IAP (earlier Phonegap IAP)
    • Cocoon InApps
    • Official IAP
    • some other?

Thanks!

• I'm using official IAP - just as a "remove ads" button. Still in google play Alpha mode, but so far it is working just fine. Tested on Samsung Galaxy S3 and Sony Xperia Z2

• Thanks for the reply shinkan so I consider it as not dead one. Can you just tell which library do you use in IntelXDK for Official IAP plugin? Is it this one https://github.com/maxmoore14/AndroidInAppBilling.git or any other?

• So, the official plugin does work or doesn't? I'm about to use it so I am very interested to know..

• If it works for Shinkan then it works. I will do some more testing today with two other libraries as well.

• Made several tests. It works for me as well. Sorry for misunderstandings I was simply using the wrong lirbrary.

Still those points are valid.

Problems with official IAP plugin:

1. It does not support consumable products

2. It has problems with restoring purchases

3. It does not support Base64-encoded RSA license key provided by the market

Anyway it works for non consumables if you don't plan to restore purchases.

• Made several tests. It works for me as well. Sorry for misunderstandings I was simply using the wrong lirbrary.

What library did you choose to make it work? The one shinkan posted?

• Well actually both mentioned above are practically the same. One is a fork of another.

Previously I tried without adding any cause it worked in the past, but later I ralized that earlier I wan't using WWW directory, so XDK imported it automatically from additions xml. Also tried with Cranberry library just to add billing request, but again obviously this won't work since lirbrary API is different.

Anyway it works.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm using the official IAP plugin

With this Intel XDK plugin: ( https://github.com/j3k0/cordova-plugin-purchase )

working perfect

Can you explain what you mean by "consumables not working" and "problems with restoring purchases"?

If a player bought something in one of my games and deletes the complete game and/or data, they are able to restore that item perfectly with this event for example

• Is there not an official tutorial or any official documentation on this ?.

It would be a good idea for an official documentation or tutorial to be updated when necessary.

• I'm using the official IAP plugin

With this Intel XDK plugin: ( https://github.com/j3k0/cordova-plugin-purchase )

working perfect

Can you explain what you mean by "consumables not working" and "problems with restoring purchases"?

If a player bought something in one of my games and deletes the complete game and/or data, they are able to restore that item perfectly with this event for example

Thanks for sharing! Never tried this one. Regarding consumables. Official IAP doesn't have "consume" action which is used to buy particular product many times (gold coins for instance).

• Is there not an official tutorial or any official documentation on this ?.

It would be a good idea for an official documentation or tutorial to be updated when necessary.

Manuals have been written very long time ago. Many things changed since then. C2 generates intelxdk.config.additions.xml file with references to XDK plugins. Now it is not recommended to use this file (exported by C2) in order to load XDK modules and instead you should do it manually with XDK plugin manager.

Many things should be updated in manuals. And some plugins should be updated as well.

For instance Official IAP doesn't have "consume" action which is one of the most wanted features.

• Anyone found a solution on the consumable problem?

If not, could someone help me make a plugin for this?

I've been looking into https://developer.android.com/google/pl ... ml#consume but I'm pretty new to creating plugins.

Will update once I got more

edit: gonna do some tests later today with Cordova IAP, that plugin has a consume action

edit 2: no luck so far, the cranberry plugin (cordova-plugin-payment-iap) seems broken, can't consume items.

edit 3: got everything working so far, not sure how or why, but my previous problem fixed itself

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)