NW0.13.alpha5 Testing Report **Alpha6 Works!!**

0 favourites
  • Well this is odd. Both Chrome and Firefox show poor images. IE renders ok and NWJS 10.5 ( based on an earlier chrome) renders fine. So its nothing to do with Alpha 6. I have the latest Nvidia drivers and i have tried earlier versions to no avail.

Seems something has changed on my PC.

I know it sounds like standard staff to do but definitely re-install the driver. I'm running the latest Nvidia driver myself and all of a sudden NW.js preview was rendering everything with a strange tint. Since IE, Chrome and Firefox was fine, I thought the driver should be OK, but I was wrong. A re-install fixed my issue.

Just do it to rule out it's not a driver thing.

• O, M G.

I can't test or comment now, but Ican't wait to go home and test!

• immortalx

I have tried that but nothing changed. I have also tried the exported version on my other machine with the same Nvidia driver and it works ok. I just hope its something local to my pc and isnt going to be the same on others.

• spongehammer

if all else fails try a system restore. I had to do one to solve a simular problem many C2 versions ago. Colour was washed out, system restore did solve it, but I never figured out what casued it. hope this helps

• MelVin

Hey good idea. I will give it a go

• > AlexFrancois

> I've got thousands of images (lost track of count). So if thats the issue, mine will show it. Its nearly 12AM and I am coding a keybind UI atm so I'll test it on the MAC tomorrow.

>

Ah cool, I look forward to your results!

Tested it on my Mac Air 2014, it fails to load, stuck at the C2 loading logo/bar. That's a bummer.

Basically we have no functional option for MAC with bigger C2 games. For smaller games, I know NW 0.10.5 works.

• Err, guys...

Has anybody get this error?

• Err, guys...

Has anybody get this error?

It doesn't work with the NW plugin/object from C2.

If you've removed it to test, there may be some left over code that references it..

• Thanks,

• >

> > AlexFrancois

> > I've got thousands of images (lost track of count). So if thats the issue, mine will show it. Its nearly 12AM and I am coding a keybind UI atm so I'll test it on the MAC tomorrow.

> >

> Ah cool, I look forward to your results!

>

Tested it on my Mac Air 2014, it fails to load, stuck at the C2 loading logo/bar. That's a bummer.

Basically we have no functional option for MAC with bigger C2 games. For smaller games, I know NW 0.10.5 works.

Ahh, that's a real shame. I'm gonna give 0.10.5 one last try but if that doesn't work, I'm screwed!

• After r218 + NW.js update, exported game works (no black screen), but the other issues are still there: i can't load any game after i save, both in preview and exported, in preview it lists several IID bugs, while in exported it just freezes looping the ambience sound.

I tried to remove NW.js object and all its references, still nothing.

Also, when i use the refresh action (from Browser object) it pops up a bug in preview.

Lastly, when i right click on an in-game object (only in some situations), it opens a small browser windows with some option like inspect object, refresh etc.

I'll make a more detailed report soon. Really hope to be able to use the new version with my massive project

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Danwood - Does it occured with savegames, LocalStorage or both?

• After r218 + NW.js update, exported game works (no black screen), but the other issues are still there: i can't load any game after i save, both in preview and exported, in preview it lists several IID bugs, while in exported it just freezes looping the ambience sound.

I tried to remove NW.js object and all its references, still nothing.

Also, when i use the refresh action (from Browser object) it pops up a bug in preview.

Lastly, when i right click on an in-game object (only in some situations), it opens a small browser windows with some option like inspect object, refresh etc.

I'll make a more detailed report soon. Really hope to be able to use the new version with my massive project

Do you use sound save-state? In the audio plugin there's an option for it. I do not use it.

I also don't do anything fancy with events for save/load. Just load "01" and it does it, changing the layout automatically.

I got my NWJs alpha 6 from the link in the first post.

I've been testing with r218, with NWjs plugin and it works fine. LocalStorage works, save/load works. No right click bugs.

In the export package-win.json I don't have any extra args besides "--in-process-gpu".

• I somewhat managed to isolate the problem. Basically, whenever i have any action with a condition "On created", for an object that is a Container, when i load the game it shows the error.

I need to do firther testing to make sure it happens with Containers as my first guess, and do it on a new fresh project.

But it must be an issue with the new version, because previous C2/NW worked just fine!

Please help me figure out

UPDATE1: Actually, it isn't related to NW, because it happens on Chrome as well.

UPDATE2: I can confirm that removing the Container status to the object with the condition "On Created" allows to load the game (other than just disabling the event/condition).

UPDATE3: Another loading bug: Fading-In behaviour, if set on "Activate at Start", kicks in when the game is loaded.

UPDATE4: FIGURED OUT:

The problems are there ONLY if loading the game from another layout: if you load from the SAME layout, the issues don't kick in!

• Danwood

I think I understand the problem here, since On Created is fired for your layout from a load, because its a transition from a different layout, so the objects you have already loaded up fire the event again.

Basically its firing once too many since the original On Created event has run its course already, then you save the game with whatever changes you call in your On Created event.. loading fires it again one more time and there's clashes with the already set changes.

You could fix this by placing your On Created triggers under a global var "IsLoaded=0" or something, basically you want to tell the game to only fire those On Created triggers IF it was not recently loaded state.

I have a similar thing with my game, launching syncs all the data, saves the game, then the layout transitions into space after a second or two. But loading from that state means the player isn't in the port, but end up in space after being in the port for 1-2 seconds, because the save-state takes into account the current event chain, so if there's wait triggers, it will process after a load. Basically you just need to design the save/load to take into account the quirks of the system.

Or do a fully custom file write/read save system. It avoids all of those issues and it will work like a normal layout transition, triggering On Start of Layout again (which save/load does not). Depending on the scope of the game, it may be a solution. Else just work with the system and fix the clashes.

Edit: Some more testing with my custom save/load using NWJs file write/read, and it all works 100%. Thanks Ashley for the prompt update, very much appreciated!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)