I've seen the comments about C2 and CocoonJS

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • It does look like Game Closure is a decent alternative to CJS. +1 for an exporter.

• as you see my tests i posted yesterday i think that you understand that game closure has great potentials and for the moment can beat cocoonjs.maybe we should start a thread only for asking game clossure exporter inside c2.

Hmm, I'll definitely look into it for my next project. How easy it to set up compared to C2?

• i dont know really.if you say "how easy is to set it up compared to c2" meaning that you want to make a game inside gameclosure and not to c2 i think its way harder.im just saying to make an gameclosure exporter in c2 so we can from there export the html5 file (made with c2)to an apk file.

• I've got working C2 games with Game Closure, I will make tutorials soon.

• God bless Joannesalfa

• Joannesalfa

Much respect to you! I am just a little bit excited...

• Not sure whether to be depressed or happy after reading all that....

• Joannesalfa show us the way my friend.that will be very helpfull

all of us if u want to write down your thoughts for c2 and game closure we can sent it here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/game-closure-devkit.But i have a "feeling" that if Ashley wants really to start a gameclosure exporter the guys from the gc team will be positive.But only Ashley can make the start.

• It's very frustrating to say the very least. Of course, I should have done more research before deciding on Construct for this project: Construct is brilliant, but Ludei is terrible.

For the last month we've been trying to get our game to run on iOs through Cocoonjs - to no avail. It displays a black screen. The stupid thing is that it runs well and smooth in the Cocoonjs app. We're not using any physics, merely rather simple events and base objects.

Thanks for the heads-up about Game Closure - I am going to attempt that this weekend.

• Rayek, if you are just making it for iOS, why not use Ejecta? It works great, and is fairly easy to get working. There is a tutorial for it.

• Rayek, if you are just making it for iOS, why not use Ejecta? It works great, and is fairly easy to get working. There is a tutorial for it.

I've tried that before - however, I could not get it to compile in xcode. A simple test did work initially. I have read there are issues with tiled backgrounds as well (which are used quite a lot in the game).

Today I tested the game in the Cocoonjs launcher on an ipad 2 with the latest iOs release: the result was quite sobering indeed. It crashes while it loads or crashed in the menu, or when starting the first level. We tried about 6 times, and the game would crash at random - never reached the point of actually playing the game.

In iOs 6.1 on an identical iPad2 and the Cocoonjs launcher there were no problems whatsoever - it at least played smoothly with no crashes at all!

Either Cocoonjs launcher has issues with the latest iOs, or the memory requirements are heftier... Not too sure.

Is anyone else having issues with the Cocoonjs launcher and the latest iOs?

• Thanks szymek Colludium spy84 Be aware about the tutorial not easy as you think, it does contain a lot of steps.

• Joannesalfa

I dealed with Eclipse and simple Java apps so it's ok for me. It's always better to have some alternative than don't have any. So +13942384023849023 points for you :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've got working C2 games with Game Closure, I will make tutorials soon.

Great news and great expectations. I'm in line. :)

• Thanks szymek Colludium spy84 Be aware about the tutorial not easy as you think, it does contain a lot of steps.

Joannesalfa

Just one question: When you say that the tutorial will contain many steps, it is because you will show how to install the Game Closure's DevKit and how to use it? Because I understand that they are only 06 steps to adapt the game for mobiles. So you intend to explain all the process to create apps for android and Iphone?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)