good scam

0 favourites
  • It runs at about 30 FPS on Chrome for Android and 55 FPS+ on an iPad 2 (I turned on letterbox scale to make it fit the mobile screens). That's a good result for a mobile game (30 FPS should be your target). Tip: you have an opaque background, so set the 'Clear background' project property to 'No' to make things slightly more efficient.

• It runs at about 30 FPS on Chrome for Android and 55 FPS+ on an iPad 2 (I turned on letterbox scale to make it fit the mobile screens). That's a good result for a mobile game (30 FPS should be your target). Tip: you have an opaque background, so set the 'Clear background' project property to 'No' to make things slightly more efficient.

Not give me any solution, changing the background will not go better :(

• Runs at 28-30 frames on my Nexus 7 and Chrome.

Even runs at 32-35 frames on my Sony Arc S with default browser.

• some notes

I'm also a begginer, but saw some stuff that you could improve while glancing at it:

On design:

1.- for the red character: Use a container for the eyes

2.- for the red character: For the jump use image points or use EaseTween.

3.- For the whole project: use Powers of two in the sprites.

4.- Use PNG8 for the background

5.- Sprite 11 is a waste of blank space, clone the empty star three times, use a simple 2x2px black tile with 30% opacity as background.

On code:

6.- Use delta time, you have lots of actions using time. That will help on frameratesss.

7.- Also, use Groups, your code needs it, a lot.

8.- And Functions, they can pass variables and data.

9.- And Families, you are using lots of single events for destroying any block. Example on how to fix this: Assign instance variable ID "destroyOnClick" to anything that you want to be destroyed on click, and create a Group for that.

10.- Why use WebGL if iOS doesn't support it?

11.- The code is ALL the time checking and updating the End Screen (just remove the forest background to see what I mean).

12.- Hide the End Screen btw., and only show it or create it when the red thing is over the Goal block.

Your code can be improved, don't give up.

• You've also got pixel rounding off, and have lots of sprites (including background images) with collisions enabled that don't need it.

As well, your animations play too often. Personally, I would make them wait a while (ideally randomized) after blinking before triggering the animation again.

Probably minor things but everything helps.

• ^ Yep, forgot to mention those two, thanks Dormi

Also, Distribute things in layouts, don't use only one layout.

• Thanks California, but half of the things you say I do not understand how. I'm tired of this game, I think I'm going to discard.

• Start small, make a short and simple prototype. With experience you get better.

Nobody made a big game from get go.

• Making games is hard. It's a lot less hard with Construct 2, but you still have to put in the work if you want a good game.

A lot of California's suggestions are actually things that the "best practices", "performance tips" and "mobile performance tips" tutorials recommended -- the tutorials you said you'd already followed earlier in the topic.

No offence intended, but surely now you can see that it wouldn't be fair for Scirra to have to refund your money; your problem aren't because the software isn't capable but because you're too lazy to actually do the work necessary to optimise your game.

If you want to fix your game we're here to help, but you will have to do the work. Ask us about any of the specific suggestions you don't understand and we can help you with more detailed information.

Do you want to fix your game, or do you just want to give up?

• I don't see the problem, I'm getting around 32-35 fps on my Samsung Galaxy nexus. Also your memory usage is perfect right now, however if you want to get the maximum performance then read over California's list.

• I found a little thing that is bothering me from the game itself: if you do absolutely nothing, after about 10 seconds the big eyeball (Sprite190) will start to roll to the right, I believe this is caused by the pink box (Sprite21) to "bounce". It bounces because the bounding box is always changing sizes. Is this what you want? Actually the blue boxes below the pink (Sprite20) also will "bounce".

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The problem is that with 30 fps, when falls the "Sprite 9" red, falls throttled back and it looks bad.

Try to remove WebGL and works somewhat better, with 9 physical objects I have now 45 fps, but I can not put more objects because the game becomes unplayable

Try "Physics - basics" of examples of construct 2 on my iphone 4 and it works quite well and has plenty of physical objects. My head hurts with all this.

• The hurt will go away if everything will start working, aka you will try a little bit. Trust me.

• cesarzevil and all other's contributing here ....

# First of all I don't thing c2 is a bad engine at all. I already did a very long research on few game engine and finally select 3 to make the final decision. And my 3 chosen engine was - C2 - GM Studio - Stency

And I choose C2 .... you know why ?

Because GM Studio is very expensive and stency is very slow to run on pc but C2 don't have any of this problem.

After doing a lot's of research I purchase C2 last night and I already build my first level. And Deploy with Cooconjs for Android. And it is running very smoothly and I'm so happy with my purchase.

I don't think C2 is bad. But I see a video on youtube that Physics is good in Corona SDK and GM Studio rather then C2. And I believe C2 Developer also know it, so we should get a solution with it and I'm waiting on it.

Finally I love C2 and it is awesome! No matter I'm been able to build a Pro game to makes millions of dollar but it really gives me lots of fun, Thank's C2 Team.

• To you be gone well, but I have bad experience with the program. My game is pretty unplayable, and that annoying little fluid.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)