Experimental Greenworks plugin

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.

NW11.5 can be download here (for the moment) https://www.scirra.com/nwjs (last download link)

NW11.5 = greenworks 0.4 = sdk 130

OK that's what I'm using. I'll try a re-export and everything to see if I can fix the black screen. What is the SDK 130 of? Also, do you think it would be possible to provide your NW 12 plugin? Thanks!

Ok, I used an empty project and simply put the greenworks plugin into it, and then exported for node, put in the steam app id, and correct api.dll into package.nw and renamed the exe to nw.exe, then triple checked it. Unless I'm missing something their I can't identify which steps I missed, so I'm going to try to use an older nw installation with the earlier plugin now.

Edit: does anyone have a nw 0.10 download? I can't find it.

>

>

> Heres what I do from windows for the Mac build:

>

> - rename the game.app file to nw.app - dont know if this is required, but i do it anyway.

> - put steam_appid.txt file with the steam app id as the only contents into the folder with the nw.app

> - Double click nw.app - should act as a folder. Navigate to: Contents/Resources/app.nw - this is essentially the same thing as the zip folder on the windows side of things.

> - Copy the libsteam_api.dylib from the "osx32" folder of the "sdk/redistributable_bin" from the steam SDK into this folder.

> - done! upload to steam as per usual.

>

Do you do that ContentPrep thing on the Mac before uploading it?

I do not. I upload from windows tho to avoid any mac permission screw ups that happen when transferring from parallels to mac finder.

Another update:

NW.js 0.13.0-beta2 is out, and with the next beta of C2, it's looking like most of the integration issues are solved, so the NW.js side of things seems to be working smoothly now.

However it appears Greenworks doesn't yet support the 0.13 branch yet. Their page only mentions 0.12 support and I get an error trying to use it with 0.13. I've logged an issue on their github here: https://github.com/greenheartgames/greenworks/issues/64 and sent the team an email to check on the support status. So the next beta will not have Greenworks support still, but when we sort out Greenworks support for 0.13 we should be able to update the plugin again (and hopefully add more of the latest Greenworks features).

For shipping the plugin with C2, I'm hopeful the release after the next beta can be a stable. If this is the case, I avoid making any serious changes for a stable release (had too many disasters in the past with that), so even if the Greenworks plugin is working before then I'd postpone shipping it in C2 to the next beta release after that. Still it shouldn't matter much if there's an updated plugin you can install separately.

It's good news. Thank you for the information ASHLEY.

So does no one else have the issue with steam overlay immediately popping up with nw 11.5? Also trying to open the achievements or any steam page crashes the game. Really, nothing works besides activating achievements.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Ashley Any update about Greenworks now that 0.13 is near release?

This working plugin is sorely needed.

Amazing work!!!

I'm hoping the next beta update will have an updated working one

biggity bump for commercial game love <3

Plugin update Feb 1st 2016! By building a new version of the Greenworks plugin myself, I've gotten it working with the latest NW.js 0.13+ versions. This is only set up to work with Win32/Win64 - I have not yet got the build working for Mac or Linux, so don't expect it to work there. If we can cover Mac and Linux, this should be able to ship with the official C2 releases. Until then it's still an experimental plugin with a separate download. Here's a copy-paste of what I added to the original post:

Greenworks 0.13.0 - for NW.js 0.13+ (updated February 1st 2016)

Changes in this update:

• [ADD] Support for NW.js 0.13+ for win32 and win64 only (note Mac and Linux support is not expected to work in this release).
    • [ADD] 'On overlay activated' / 'On overlay deactivated' triggers
    • [ADD] GameLanguage and UILanguage expressions

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15217362/greenworks-0.13.0.c2addon

Awesome news, Thanks Ashley

Plugin update Feb 1st 2016! By building a new version of the Greenworks plugin myself, I've gotten it working with the latest NW.js 0.13+ versions. This is only set up to work with Win32/Win64 - I have not yet got the build working for Mac or Linux, so don't expect it to work there. If we can cover Mac and Linux, this should be able to ship with the official C2 releases. Until then it's still an experimental plugin with a separate download. Here's a copy-paste of what I added to the original post:

Greenworks 0.13.0 - for NW.js 0.13+ (updated February 1st 2016)

Changes in this update:

- [ADD] Support for NW.js 0.13+ for win32 and win64 only (note Mac and Linux support is not expected to work in this release).

- [ADD] 'On overlay activated' / 'On overlay deactivated' triggers

- [ADD] GameLanguage and UILanguage expressions

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15217362/greenworks-0.13.0.c2addon

Awesome, glad you've taken in into your own hands, achievements here I come!

Plugin update Feb 1st 2016!

Thanks, and don't worry about MAC or Linux GreenWorks.

NWjs is bugged for those platforms. On MAC we get a red bar that's stuck on loading. Apparently associated with large numbers of asset loading causing a conflict. For Linux, no idea.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)