Experimental Greenworks plugin

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.

Greenworks works fine for me on Windows, but even after following instructions and trying different combinations of versions, I have yet to get it working on Mac and Linux. Has anyone managed to get it working on these platforms? If so, I would love some information on exactly what I need to do.

I would wait for the new version of the plugin, but my game's release date is fast approaching.

Greenworks works fine for me on Windows, but even after following instructions and trying different combinations of versions, I have yet to get it working on Mac and Linux. Has anyone managed to get it working on these platforms? If so, I would love some information on exactly what I need to do.

I would wait for the new version of the plugin, but my game's release date is fast approaching.

What version of c2 do you have?

206. I'm using version 0.3 of Greenworks so I can use the jankless 10.5 version of Node Webkit.

I did some testing and I realized that does not work in NW 0.13+ when I export the game with the plugin even without having any event, the game is just the black screen.

Waiting for new versions of the plugin.

Fantastic! Looking forward to the updated plugin, hopefully it's coming soon!

Where are we currently at with compatability? Are the latest versions of everything working together (greenworks plugin, r218, NW.js 0.13.0-alpha6, Steamworks SDK v1.35)?

Fantastic! Looking forward to the updated plugin, hopefully it's coming soon!

Where are we currently at with compatability? Are the latest versions of everything working together (greenworks plugin, r218, NW.js 0.13.0-alpha6, Steamworks SDK v1.35)?

NW 0.13.0 alpha 7 is good.

Greenworks isn't, yet.

Hopefully it's up soon because I'm going to need those achievements.

Do you reckon they'll release the new Greenworks this month? I'm wondering when I'll be able to release my game.

Do you reckon they'll release the new Greenworks this month? I'm wondering when I'll be able to release my game.

That's only for Ashley to know.

Ashley's plugin depends on Greenheartgames' plugin development on github - the c2 greenworks plugin is a derivative of the Greenheartgames work.

https://www.scirra.com/construct2/releases/r219

It looks like it won't be coming for a while, oh well!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Black screen after launching game

So what are our options at the moment? I need to release next month. Willing to pay to have someone develop a working solution for steam overlay, achievements, username references, but I'm not sure how feasible that is.

Hmm so there is no possible way of releasing a game on steam? That is a real shame as I am focusing on doing exactly this with NWjs.

It will still be two months at least, before I add some important features, but it would be great to know at this point, if its worth continuing the pursuit for steam in the near future in C2 or not.

Solomon

You can release on steam as soon as your game was greenlighted. You don't need anything for trading cards or steam cloud.

A plugin is needed when you want to create steam achievement or use username ref or leaderboard.

MadSpy

Thanks for the clarification, good to know.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)