Experimental Greenworks plugin

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.

Btw, it hangs for my project when adding the new GreenWorks.

I'm on C2 r218, is it only for the most recent C2 build?

r221 and NW.JS0.13.0-beta5

I just tested r221 and NW 0.13.0 beta 5. Exported NWJs, same issue, black screen hang.

Going to remove GreenWorks and test.

ps. I've been using r218 with 0.13.0 alpha 7, as it's released on Steam. It works great but no Achievements.

Edit: Removed GW and tested, runs ok, saves are fine (I use a custom save system, using NWjs file read & write with JSON format arrays). But on exit (Browser Close), the nw.exe process won't close properly, remaining active. Prevents subsequent game launches.

0.13.0 beta 5 is non-usable in this state!

Bloody NWjs/Chromium, a step forward, a step back.

And I reverted back to NWJs 0.13.0 alpha 7 and it now hangs black screen too, without the GreenWorks addon.

Probably the new C2 build killed it, as I was using r218.

This is not cool because 0.13.0 alpha 6 & 7 are the only functional PC export option that doesn't have memory leaks and/or performance/stutter issues.

I care about Achievements, but having the game break is worse. Ashley

Yess!! Finally a update for the new nw beta

Will try this out at home later today, hopefully it works fine and I'll have no worries of launching the game on steam in april

Impossible to run preview with any plugin events in the project, including after the plugin is removed.

The solution to fix that (for others having the same issue) is to remove all events that reference the plugin, THEN remove the plugin.

I just tested r221 and NW 0.13.0 beta 5. Exported NWJs, same issue, black screen hang.

Going to remove GreenWorks and test.

ps. I've been using r218 with 0.13.0 alpha 7, as it's released on Steam. It works great but no Achievements.

Edit: Removed GW and tested, runs ok, saves are fine (I use a custom save system, using NWjs file read & write with JSON format arrays). But on exit (Browser Close), the nw.exe process won't close properly, remaining active. Prevents subsequent game launches.

0.13.0 beta 5 is non-usable in this state!

Bloody NWjs/Chromium, a step forward, a step back.

Hey, I made a fix for the nw.exe not closing:

Hey, I made a fix for the nw.exe not closing:

More hacks and workarounds!!

Either way, GreenWorks is still not working so we'll wait and see.

Can I confirm this isn't safe to use on 221 with 13 beta 5 ?

It worked fine for me with NW.js 0.13.0-beta5, that's what the plugin was built for. Trying it with an earlier version might have corrupted the app data folder - try renaming the project and starting fresh with the right setup.

I get a black screen aswell, same issue as before the update. Using the latest NW.js and the greenworks plugin.

Hopefully it'll get updated & fixed soon!

Are you using the latest version of the Steamworks SDK as well? There's quite a few things to keep up to date here.

Ashley the game is in dev mode, it has a store page but hasn't been released yet so I haven't gotten a steam_api.dll file or anything. I might add that I've only tried to test the game via exporting it to my HDD and then try to launch the .exe, does it only work when uploaded to steam and launched there?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

oh nvm, I'm dumb. Found my steam_api.dll in the sdk!

Game launches now!

Is there a way to debug to see if it calls the award achievement action?

A new problem I'm experiencing at the moment is that the steam overlay does not work.

When launching the app, it doesn't even tell me that I can access steam overlay via shift+tab anymore and the activate overlay action does not seem to work either.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)