Experimental Greenworks plugin

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.

As I wrote in my last message I wasn't able to get the update to work last time I tried, has anyone else tried and had any success?

It seems there was a commit on May 13, fixing a path issue. Maybe this was the problem?

https://github.com/greenheartgames/gree ... its/master

Ah, looks promising, will try it out soon...

please please please yes : )

Fingers crossed here as well!

Ashley any update on the matter?

I had to remove achivements for the linux version so it can run ok.

Any update on this issue would be fantastic : )

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Ashley: WOW - thanks a lot! This comes in handy and - as always - very easy to use!

please please please yes : )

Aurel congrats on release, i see you have Mac and Linux builds on steam store, you used NW 10.5 for those?

I am 2-3 weeks away from release, and i wonder if Mac and Linux builds are stable (with greenworks) or should wait and release only windows.

Thanks

Thanks! : )

Yes, I used NW 10.5 but If you have a lot of ressources in your game, you should wait. Node Webkit has serious troubles to launch games on Mac/Linux featuring around 500 files and you'll be super busy wasting hours and hours of your time doing tech support for your players. (also, Mac+Linux sales are like 1% from my total sales)

When I wrote this tutorial () , I had nor multiplayer nor translated graphic ressources included. Adding those few files now make it irrelevant even for my game.

I won't lie, I'm very pissed at Node Webkit (tried any version of it + any version of C2) for not being able to launch properly a medium sized projects on Mac and Linux. It's like, sometimes it loads, sometime it doesn't, on the same hardware. Good luck to face your customers, and to sign any Mac or Linux deals or any partnerships with that in mind.

I guess this thing is only made to package small web apps as .exe files and nobody cares because nobody ever tried to export a medium sized game with it in their team. And if one day they fix this issue, you'll be stuck by Greenworks not working on latest NW versions, so...

So, my advice would be to only focus on the PC version for now, really. NW 10.5 works great, achievements support works great as well, simple life.

I wish I never tried to sell the game for Mac and Linux and sticked with PC only.

On the other side, if your project is light enough, just go for it and forget everything I just wrote! Everything should be ok!

until you update it with more content and translations.

Thanks! : )

Yes, I used NW 10.5 but If you have a lot of ressources in your game, you should wait. Node Webkit has serious troubles to launch games on Mac/Linux featuring around 500 files and you'll be super busy wasting hours and hours of your time doing tech support for your players. (also, Mac+Linux sales are like 1% from my total sales)

When I wrote this tutorial () , I had nor multiplayer nor translated graphic ressources included. Adding those few files now make it irrelevant even for my game.

I won't lie, I'm very pissed at Node Webkit (tried any version of it + any version of C2) for not being able to launch properly a medium sized projects on Mac and Linux. It's like, sometimes it loads, sometime it doesn't, on the same hardware. Good luck to face your customers, and to sign any Mac or Linux deals or any partnerships with that in mind.

I guess this thing is only made to package small web apps as .exe files and nobody cares because nobody ever tried to export a medium sized game with it in their team. And if one day they fix this issue, you'll be stuck by Greenworks not working on latest NW versions, so...

So, my advice would be to only focus on the PC version for now, really. NW 10.5 works great, achievements support works great as well, simple life.

I wish I never tried to sell the game for Mac and Linux and sticked with PC only.

On the other side, if your project is light enough, just go for it and forget everything I just wrote! Everything should be ok!

until you update it with more content and translations.

Thanks for the info Aurel, i was thinking the same. The sales from Mac and Linux are negligible anyway(i wanted them to please some of the nice people that play on linux and so on), so ill postpone that for the future.

My project is far from being lite, so yeah windows for now.

Chromium did have a problem with loading games with over 500 images on PC but that was fixed, guess they didn't fix the bug on MAC/Linux!

Linux will be a growing platform due to SteamOS on the Steam Boxes so that's a shame its so problematic.

Also, it should be priority #1 to get GreenWorks to work with later NW.

Oh good I only have 300 files, I guess I'm safe.

So if were getting a game on steam would it be best to postpone adding achievements until a later date? I just had a game greenlit yesterday and was on the fence about adding them.

Congrats for being greenlit!

It would be a shame to not add achievements, you still can do it using NW 10.5

You game seems to be light enough to do it without problems.

(Also, for you Mac export, be sure you don't have any fully -or very nearly- empty/transparent PNG file, I just found this is causing issues on some Mac graphic cards,)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)