Crosswalk Performance Mega-thread

From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • TiAm

YES, this makes me MAD, i lost my mind because of this. finally after updating and fixing the OpenSSL library for Crosswalk7, Google Play will still send an Alert and refuse the apk. because of a STRING VALUE !!!!!

let's destroy this planet and travel to another one, no hope on Earth.

• I'm sorry for saying this:

There is so bad to wait for:

1: Chromium updates

2: Crosswalk updates

3. Intel updates their buildings with the last Crosswalk updates

I understand that there is nothing you can do for points 1 and 2, but you can change the point 3

There has to be a major issue in order to update it?

Iolva , you can download Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova 2015 to get rid of the Intel XDK and build crosswalk apps by yourself.

Here's a good tutorial:

http://www.spritehand.com/2015/04/using-crosswalk-with-visual-studio.html

I tested Crosswalk 13 following it and the build worked like a charm.

This approach has maybe a longer setup but it speeds up the workflow later, without all those uploads and downloads from intel cloud servers.

• Here's a good tutorial:

http://www.spritehand.com/2015/04/using-crosswalk-with-visual-studio.html

I tested Crosswalk 13 following it and the build worked like a charm.

That sound interesting, I'll test it out next week. What improvements are in the cw13 over cw12.

• That sound interesting, I'll test it out next week. What improvements are in the cw13 over cw12.

I tested cw13 when it was canary (Chromium 41) so in terms of performance... nothing

Now it's in beta and based on Chromium 42 and there's also cw14 canary based on Chromium 43. I'll test both next week.

• Knifegrinder

I will definitely try it! Visual Studio rocks! Thanks!

• Knifegrinder

Did you find Crosswalk 13 better than (or at least the same as) Crosswalk 7 in performance on old devices (Samsung s2, s3 or s3 mini) ?

Thanks for your help.

• Knifegrinder

Did you find Crosswalk 13 better than (or at least the same as) Crosswalk 7 in performance on old devices (Samsung s2, s3 or s3 mini) ?

Thanks for your help.

Sorry, as I said some post ago CW13 canary (chromium 41) was certainly better than CW10 but not near CW7 in terms of performance. Now there are CW13 beta (chromium 42) and CW14 canary (chromium 43) available for download. I'll give them a try next week and let you know.

Just a though. I'm not planning a game release anytime soon, so I can say this without being emotionally involved or stuck in the middle of an anger burst: this openSSL string version issue is one of the most crazy-stupid-demented thing I've ever encountered since I started pressing keys on my old commodore 64.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Knifegrinder

[quote:217vlkl0] this openSSL string version issue is one of the most crazy-stupid-demented thing I've ever encountered since I started pressing keys on my old commodore 64.

Totally agree !

thanks for help.

• EVERYONE suffering from the CW7 Open SSL issue, please take a look at this thread:

https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=129979&p=913637#p913637

• Knifegrinder - Cordova 5.0 (the CLI version) has support for pluggable webviews. The first version is Crosswalk on Android. When it becomes stable, we will update the XDK to support this. The XDK team will no longer be the bottle neck for upgrading the Crosswalk versions.

• imaffett, good to know, thank you. I was hoping for some way to test out the latest Crosswalk versions in XDK.

• The Crosswalk team has created an APK to test your app using a proposed fix for the Skia graphics system used in Android/Chromium. Can you please test your apps against this and report any improvements or issues? The feedback provided previously was valuable in helping identify any issues

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n242z2q8rjaiw ... m.apk?dl=0

*NOTE* This is experimental. There is no guarantee any of these changes will be merged into Crosswalk. We are hoping users can test against various devices to provide feedback.

thanks!

• What is that for?

• Hello?

• imaffett

Please up a version that has rotation support. My current project is portrait, and skia test only runs landscape.

I tried this out with another game and am glad to report that it seems to be a solid improvement over cw11/12. Don't know about stock cw13, haven't tried it.

Back to skiatest: sub-60fps framerates are still causing much worse disruptions to motion quality than in cw7. On my device, just touching the screen causes a slight fps dip into low to mid 50s. In skiatest, this causes bad stuttering. Only slight stuttering in cw7. FPS is about the same in 7 vs skiatest, both normally, and during touch events.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)