Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

1 favourites
  • The google play plugin is designed to work when the app is hosted on a server and viewed in a browser. When you embed your app in an APK with crosswalk or phonegap, it needs a different solution. We are investigating methods, but I don't have anything to offer you now.

IntelRobert

I try to integrate google play plugin to crosswalk.

Result

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66127489/images/invalid_client.jpg

i have test

4 client ids for google play

1. id for google play

2. id for native apps

3. id for web app

4. id for other platforms

not work with anything

Not Sign in

• Thanks IntelRobert

With the intel xdk app preview, not run in this tablet , what i do ?

Android 2.2 and up required, my tablet is 4.2.2

what i do ?

• Slice

I put a preview app here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Can you try install it on your tablet? Then follow the directions on:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/247/ho ... al-network

Instead of using the preview app, you can also run it in chrome for android.

• Is there a way we can prevent the phone from sleeping? I didn't see that issue on your online spreadsheet thingy.

• IntelRobert, the audio lag in the Crosswalk 5(beta) build is ok, but the overall performance in every other aspects is very bad in my games, the framerate is almost the half comparing to Crosswalk 4(stable).

So i´ll wait until Crosswalk 5 goes stable, and hope everything runs smoothly.

Thanks

Our build system gives you the choice of crosswalk 4 & crosswalk 5. The latest app preview uses crosswalk 5. Since you say that App Preview does not have the lag, then I am hoping that it was a problem fixed in crosswalk 5. Please check that you are using crosswalk 5 by going to the bottom of the details tab in the build dialog.

If crosswalk 5 has the problem, then please PM a capx file that shows the problem.

>

>

> IntelRobert, hi, here's a video with a comparison of the audio latency in the device:

>

> Crosswalk audio latency

>

> Intel AppPreview:less than 30 millisenconds

> Crosswalk Apk build: 234 millisecods

>

> I guess the problem is not with my device, since it play synced in the App Preview.

> In the Chrome Browser the latency is around 34ms, but i have other problem in Chrome for android, the sound is

> playing on the earpiece and not on the speaker, i mentioned that on this topic :

>

> Android sound problem

>

> I can send you the Apk build and my device specifications, but note that the audio lag occurs in every project i have.

> Thanks

>

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • IntelRobert

In regards to the visual clarity (or lack of), this was raised awhile ago, is there a solution upcoming?

I compared the same build and scene with CocoonJS and the latest XDK, there is a large drop in clarity in the XDK compiled game compared to CJS. Performance is very similar between both.

These screenshots are captured from my device running the game, LG G-Pad 8 with native 1920 x 1200p resolution.

• Can you send a pm with an apk that shows the problem? My phone and yours have the same resolution, and I cannot reproduce the problem.

>

> > RenatoB

> >

> > We need your help to track down the problem with splash screens. To test it, I made 2 different splash screens for landscape and portrait and verified that it brings up the proper splash screen for each orientation. This was for the XHDPI splash screens: 720x1280. I am guessing that you are seeing the problem on HDPI or some other resolution, but I can't test that without a phone. Is there a way you can do the same experiment with your phone so we will know which resolution has the problem?

> >

>

> Hi IntelRobert

>

> The problem occurs when I turn the device (moto g). It seems that the image does not change and is stretched or compressed to fit on the screen.

>

I also have the problem in moto g with the splash screen. If a turn the phone, the splash screen is stretched to fit the screen and looks horrible.

• SabinX

It turns out that RenatoB just wanted to lock the orientation, which you can do from Construct2. If you start the phone in portrait or landscape, then it brings up the correct image, without stretching. If you change the orientation while the splash screen is being displayed, then it will stretch the initial splash screen instead of switching. It is something we will fix, but not in the immediate future.

• yongsheng

Can you look at this problem?

I am guessing that chrome for android has the same problem so there might be something that could be done on the construct2 side to fix it.

IntelRobert

In regards to the visual clarity (or lack of), this was raised awhile ago, is there a solution upcoming?

I compared the same build and scene with CocoonJS and the latest XDK, there is a large drop in clarity in the XDK compiled game compared to CJS. Performance is very similar between both.

These screenshots are captured from my device running the game, LG G-Pad 8 with native 1920 x 1200p resolution.

• SabinX

It turns out that RenatoB just wanted to lock the orientation, which you can do from Construct2. If you start the phone in portrait or landscape, then it brings up the correct image, without stretching. If you change the orientation while the splash screen is being displayed, then it will stretch the initial splash screen instead of switching. It is something we will fix, but not in the immediate future.

Yes, that's exactly what happens in my case.

Anyways, After the splash screen, I can see a weird half black half white screen for about one second before I see my actual game.

Do you know what I'm talking about or do you want me to take a snapshot of the screen?

Thanks!

• Hi, this is Zhiqiang from Crosswalk team. in terms of performance regression, is it possible to share the related sample code w/ us so we can reproduce it for a further check ?

IntelRobert, the audio lag in the Crosswalk 5(beta) build is ok, but the overall performance in every other aspects is very bad in my games, the framerate is almost the half comparing to Crosswalk 4(stable).

So i´ll wait until Crosswalk 5 goes stable, and hope everything runs smoothly.

Thanks

> Our build system gives you the choice of crosswalk 4 & crosswalk 5. The latest app preview uses crosswalk 5. Since you say that App Preview does not have the lag, then I am hoping that it was a problem fixed in crosswalk 5. Please check that you are using crosswalk 5 by going to the bottom of the details tab in the build dialog.

>

> If crosswalk 5 has the problem, then please PM a capx file that shows the problem.

>

>

> >

> >

> > IntelRobert, hi, here's a video with a comparison of the audio latency in the device:Intel AppPreview:less than 30 millisenconds

> > Crosswalk Apk build: 234 millisecods

> >

> > I guess the problem is not with my device, since it play synced in the App Preview.

> > In the Chrome Browser the latency is around 34ms, but i have other problem in Chrome for android, the sound is

> > playing on the earpiece and not on the speaker, i mentioned that on this topic :I can send you the Apk build and my device specifications, but note that the audio lag occurs in every project i have.

> > Thanks

> >

>

• IntelRobert Is the google play plugin you mean is the web api of google game services? If so here should be the answer, .

Ahh, I have no permission to post the URL yet. Please check the question and answer with id 23426429(Possible to use Google Play Game Services from origin file:///android_asset), in stackoverflow.

The google play plugin is designed to work when the app is hosted on a server and viewed in a browser. When you embed your app in an APK with crosswalk or phonegap, it needs a different solution. We are investigating methods, but I don't have anything to offer you now.

> IntelRobert

>

> I try to integrate google play plugin to crosswalk.

> Result

>

> i have test

>

> 4 client ids for google play

>

> 1. id for google play

> 2. id for native apps

> 3. id for web app

> 4. id for other platforms

>

> not work with anything

> Not Sign in

>

• Hmm..I am getting that audio lag as well, I guess I will now wait until there is a stable version 5. Also, I am having the same problem as:

KFC where our screen tends to go to sleep after a while if the user doesn't touch anything. Is there anyway to disable this, as my game has a slideshow movie and it always comes in effect during them.

SabinX when loading the splashscreen, we get a half black and white screen before going to the game. I notice that this problem only arise for me when say the spashscreen is shown in portrait mode, then I change my phone's orientation, it goes to that black and white screen. If I don't change the orientation when showing the spashscreen, it just goes black for roughly 2 seconds before entering the game.

Also, I notice that we have to options to place a landscape and portrait splashscreen. I only wanted to use a landscape one, so I place an image there. However, if I start up the game and my handphone is being viewed in portrait, it shows the default intel spashscreen. Does this mean that I have to place the image on both landscape and portrait? Will this count as double in terms of file size? Or is there a way to let XDK know that I want to use the same image for any splashscreen orientation?

• IntelRobert

Zhiqiang , hi i made a simple project to see the performance drop in Crosswalk 5 beta vs Crosswalk 4.

Even with only 2 sprites in this project, i 'm getting a big frame rate drop in Crosswalk 5 beta.

Crosswalk 4 stable:55/56 FPS

Crosswalk 5 beta:32/33 FPS

I'm doing the tests with the ARM build in a 4.2.1 Android device and the latest C2 stable release.

Here are the files.

APK stable build

APK beta build

Construct 2 exported files

Construct 2 capx

It would be great if someone in the forums can test this in different devices to make sure that this is not a problem only related with my device.

Thanks

Hi, this is Zhiqiang from Crosswalk team. in terms of performance regression, is it possible to share the related sample code w/ us so we can reproduce it for a further check ?

> IntelRobert, the audio lag in the Crosswalk 5(beta) build is ok, but the overall performance in every other aspects is very bad in my games, the framerate is almost the half comparing to Crosswalk 4(stable).

> So i´ll wait until Crosswalk 5 goes stable, and hope everything runs smoothly.

> Thanks

>

>

> > Our build system gives you the choice of crosswalk 4 & crosswalk 5. The latest app preview uses crosswalk 5. Since you say that App Preview does not have the lag, then I am hoping that it was a problem fixed in crosswalk 5. Please check that you are using crosswalk 5 by going to the bottom of the details tab in the build dialog.

> >

> > If crosswalk 5 has the problem, then please PM a capx file that shows the problem.

> >

> >

> >

>

• cesisco

I tested XDK beta with my own game and found it running smooth. On a LG G-Pad 8 inch, with Snapdragon S600.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)