Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

1 favourites
  • RenatoB

We need your help to track down the problem with splash screens. To test it, I made 2 different splash screens for landscape and portrait and verified that it brings up the proper splash screen for each orientation. This was for the XHDPI splash screens: 720x1280. I am guessing that you are seeing the problem on HDPI or some other resolution, but I can't test that without a phone. Is there a way you can do the same experiment with your phone so we will know which resolution has the problem?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • RenatoB

We need your help to track down the problem with splash screens. To test it, I made 2 different splash screens for landscape and portrait and verified that it brings up the proper splash screen for each orientation. This was for the XHDPI splash screens: 720x1280. I am guessing that you are seeing the problem on HDPI or some other resolution, but I can't test that without a phone. Is there a way you can do the same experiment with your phone so we will know which resolution has the problem?

Hi IntelRobert

The problem occurs when I turn the device (moto g). It seems that the image does not change and is stretched or compressed to fit on the screen.

• IntelRobert

Any possible ETA for AdMob or Google Store functions?

• Can you send a pm with an apk that shows the problem? My phone and yours have the same resolution, and I cannot reproduce the problem.

> RenatoB

>

> We need your help to track down the problem with splash screens. To test it, I made 2 different splash screens for landscape and portrait and verified that it brings up the proper splash screen for each orientation. This was for the XHDPI splash screens: 720x1280. I am guessing that you are seeing the problem on HDPI or some other resolution, but I can't test that without a phone. Is there a way you can do the same experiment with your phone so we will know which resolution has the problem?

>

Hi IntelRobert

The problem occurs when I turn the device (moto g). It seems that the image does not change and is stretched or compressed to fit on the screen.

• I am trying to get a firm date.

IntelRobert

Any possible ETA for AdMob or Google Store functions?

• IntelRobert , Hi, i love the Intel XDK workflow, and i have a couple of games ready to upload to Google Play, but i'm having a problem with the lag/latency in the audio, that ruins my games.I read that some other users have the same issue, and i can fix that on my own, any clues?

With the audio fix and the Admob support...that would be my dream come true

Thanks.

• I am trying to get a firm date.

> IntelRobert

>

> Any possible ETA for AdMob or Google Store functions?

>

Thanks Robert, I'm looking forward to having my next space sandbox on Intel XDK, it's just such a better experience; much faster load times and more stable performance. But definitely need the Ads and Store function.

Fingers crossed it won't be too far away.

• IntelRobert , Hi, i love the Intel XDK workflow, and i have a couple of games ready to upload to Google Play, but i'm having a problem with the lag/latency in the audio, that ruins my games.I read that some other users have the same issue, and i can fix that on my own, any clues?

Thanks.

Music will have a lag (which depends on how fast your device is), you can fix it by implementing a short window of time to preload the music, before triggering a start. Best done at start of layout, preload XXXX, then wait 3s, Audio Play XXXX.

The sound effects, there is also a lag phase the first time that sound is played. You can also fix it the same way, just preload the sound effects you need for that level on start of layout.

• > IntelRobert , Hi, i love the Intel XDK workflow, and i have a couple of games ready to upload to Google Play, but i'm having a problem with the lag/latency in the audio, that ruins my games.I read that some other users have the same issue, and i can fix that on my own, any clues?

> With the audio fix and the Admob support...that would be my dream come true

>

> Thanks.

>

Music will have a lag (which depends on how fast your device is), you can fix it by implementing a short window of time to preload the music, before triggering a start. Best done at start of layout, preload XXXX, then wait 3s, Audio Play XXXX.

The sound effects, there is also a lag phase the first time that sound is played. You can also fix it the same way, just preload the sound effects you need for that level on start of layout.

Thanks, but the lag i'm talking about is not the typical lag that happens when the sound is not loaded, this is a problem throughout the game, with preload or without it.

• Do you see the same problem in chrome browser? If you send me a apk in a PM I can pass it on to crosswalk team to see if they can look at it. Please be specific about what device you are using and what sequence of events are needed to test and recognize the problem.

IntelRobert , Hi, i love the Intel XDK workflow, and i have a couple of games ready to upload to Google Play, but i'm having a problem with the lag/latency in the audio, that ruins my games.I read that some other users have the same issue, and i can fix that on my own, any clues?

Thanks.

• IntelRobert

I try to integrate google play plugin to crosswalk.

Result

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66127489/images/invalid_client.jpg

i have test

4 client ids for google play

1. id for google play

2. id for native apps

3. id for web app

4. id for other platforms

not work with anything

Not Sign in

• Do you see the same problem in chrome browser? If you send me a apk in a PM I can pass it on to crosswalk team to see if they can look at it. Please be specific about what device you are using and what sequence of events are needed to test and recognize the problem.

> IntelRobert , Hi, i love the Intel XDK workflow, and i have a couple of games ready to upload to Google Play, but i'm having a problem with the lag/latency in the audio, that ruins my games.I read that some other users have the same issue, and i can fix that on my own, any clues?

> With the audio fix and the Admob support...that would be my dream come true

>

> Thanks.

>

IntelRobert, hi, here's a video with a comparison of the audio latency in the device:

Crosswalk audio latency

Intel AppPreview:less than 30 millisenconds

Crosswalk Apk build: 234 millisecods

I guess the problem is not with my device, since it play synced in the App Preview.

In the Chrome Browser the latency is around 34ms, but i have other problem in Chrome for android, the sound is

playing on the earpiece and not on the speaker, i mentioned that on this topic :

Android sound problem

I can send you the Apk build and my device specifications, but note that the audio lag occurs in every project i have.

Thanks

• IntelRobert

In my tablet with android 4.2.2, ARM, Rockchip not accept install intel xdk from google play ?

Your device isn`t compatible with this version. ?

and specifically in this chip / crash my game / not start

please look at

i use this tablet for dev.

thanks

• Google play thinks the app needs a hardware feature that your tablet does not have. You can view the features by looking in google play developer console. Look for the list of APK's you have uploaded then click on the active one. It will show you 'APK details'. Click on 'features'. It will list the features required. You can reduce the features required by unselecting all the plugins in the XDK build dialog.

IntelRobert

In my tablet with android 4.2.2, ARM, Rockchip not accept install intel xdk from google play ?

Your device isn`t compatible with this version. ?

and specifically in this chip / crash my game / not start

please look at

i use this tablet for dev.

thanks

• Our build system gives you the choice of crosswalk 4 & crosswalk 5. The latest app preview uses crosswalk 5. Since you say that App Preview does not have the lag, then I am hoping that it was a problem fixed in crosswalk 5. Please check that you are using crosswalk 5 by going to the bottom of the details tab in the build dialog.

If crosswalk 5 has the problem, then please PM a capx file that shows the problem.

IntelRobert, hi, here's a video with a comparison of the audio latency in the device:

Crosswalk audio latency

Intel AppPreview:less than 30 millisenconds

Crosswalk Apk build: 234 millisecods

I guess the problem is not with my device, since it play synced in the App Preview.

In the Chrome Browser the latency is around 34ms, but i have other problem in Chrome for android, the sound is

playing on the earpiece and not on the speaker, i mentioned that on this topic :

Android sound problem

I can send you the Apk build and my device specifications, but note that the audio lag occurs in every project i have.

Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)