Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• When I run my signed apk compiled with intel XDK, I keep getting a pop-up error saying "Unfortunately <my app name> stopped working".

I followed all the steps in the tutorial:

scirra.com/tutorials/809/how-to-export-to-android-with-crosswalk

Any idea on how to solve this?

Construct2 version: r178

Intel XDK version: v1332

Thanks!

• Hi, I can't set Apache Cordova version to 3.5 with potrate oriantation. because of if i set the app orientation to landscape or portrait from default in intel xdk property then app will not build (android build) and giving a error. but with the same program, if i set CLI 3.3 with potrate oriantation then it works and if set CLI 3.5 and oriantation to default then it will build. Why Orientation is effect to CLI version.?

• Hi i wanted to ask how is Crosswalk working with the Android exports and the new AdMob plugin, is it better/easier to setup ads and get things running this way? My last app i did it in February with CoconJS and it wasnt the best thing possible...

• sachos345 It's super easy to use admob with crosswalk

Just follow this Manual entry https://www.scirra.com/manual/184/admob

• Does anybody here able to use Clay.io (Ads, Leaderboards, Achievements) with Crosswalks ?

• We have a fix, it will probably be updated on Monday.

Hi, I can't set Apache Cordova version to 3.5 with potrate oriantation. because of if i set the app orientation to landscape or portrait from default in intel xdk property then app will not build (android build) and giving a error. but with the same program, if i set CLI 3.3 with potrate oriantation then it works and if set CLI 3.5 and oriantation to default then it will build. Why Orientation is effect to CLI version.?

• We have updated the cordova/android build to 3.51 so you should republish if you are using android, but not crosswalk with XDK. When we get the update from the crosswalk team we will update the crosswalk build, too. Crosswalk 8 first (beta) followed by crosswalk 7 (stable).

The vulnerability was related to using android intents to launch your app and the whitelist for cross domain. If you don't know what this, then the fix for the vulnerability won't affect your app. However, google does not know what your app does, only that it was built with a vulnerable cordova so you need to republish.

Google is not blocking new apps from being published, and I doubt they are going to be pulling apps in the near future so no need to be too concerned.

Is it possible to export with Intel XDK now, without running into vulnerability issues? I'm sincerely confused.

It's so weird, the emulator just shows me a black screen now. My app doesn't run anymore and on export it says that there was an error parsing the app.

Even weirder, it only plays if I select the Nokia Lumia device.

• We have a fix, it will probably be updated on Monday.

> Hi, I can't set Apache Cordova version to 3.5 with potrate oriantation. because of if i set the app orientation to landscape or portrait from default in intel xdk property then app will not build (android build) and giving a error. but with the same program, if i set CLI 3.3 with potrate oriantation then it works and if set CLI 3.5 and oriantation to default then it will build. Why Orientation is effect to CLI version.?

>

that would be great thanks for the info!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hello there is there any way to keep device from dimming the screen? in my app users won't tapping the screen very often

• Shuher I believe that's a device setting only users change

• when i used Cocoon, when app is running, the screen is not dimming. i think there must a way for Crosswalk too.

• hello there is there any way to keep device from dimming the screen? in my app users won't tapping the screen very often

Try this:

Phonegap Powermanagement

: prevent or allow device from sleeping.

[android, ios] [phonegap build service] [phonegap cli] [crosswalk]

buy $3, delivery takes < 24 hours

https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-phonegap-related-c2-plugins-crosswalk_t109586

• I´m waiting for the XAS solution too.

IntelRobert is there any newsletter I could Sign up to know about this update as soon as it is available?

• Is it normal that after selecting icons for Crosswalk, if I build the project or restart the XDK the icons are gone, even the exported project is missing the icons (the splashscreens are kept). This occurred on a newly created project.

• KFC yes it's a problem with the newest xdk

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)