Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• My game is in landscape setting and I've never had to do anything special, it just works fullscreen in crosswalk. Is the screen size of your project not 720px?

• Has Anyone been able to export a game with Intel XDK Without having black bars on the screen? Ive masterd how to do this with cocoonJS but it seems that was all for nothing now that it has been taken down off of the main list of export options.

Ive been using this guide but for some reason im not getting the results i need for Landscape Settings.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1126/m ... ces/page-2

Could anyone with the knowledge enlighten me,I really cant believe im having these issues once again.

Is your project using letterbox scale (I know cocoonJS automatically revert to scale outer in that case, so it may be just that to change in the case of crosswalk)

If it is nit the case, then ignore my comment

• > Has Anyone been able to export a game with Intel XDK Without having black bars on the screen? Ive masterd how to do this with cocoonJS but it seems that was all for nothing now that it has been taken down off of the main list of export options.

>

> Ive been using this guide but for some reason im not getting the results i need for Landscape Settings.

> https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1126/m ... ces/page-2

>

> Could anyone with the knowledge enlighten me,I really cant believe im having these issues once again.

>

Is your project using letterbox scale (I know cocoonJS automatically revert to scale outer in that case, so it may be just that to change in the case of crosswalk)

If it is nit the case, then ignore my comment

Thank you,I really forgot that CocoonJs did do that for us.I really have to thank you for your comment,When i seen the black bars i instantly went into a bad mood.Once again thank you for your swift reply,I will export now to see if all is corrected.

Update: The only issue that i have now is that my Player Mask and my BG sprites are jittering and shaking like crazy whenever i move my player.I started a new thread for this since im pretty sure its not XDK related.

• Hi Intel team, I have two small issues with the Intel XDK. Both right next to each other:

Under Launch Icons and Splash Screens, whenever I come back to an existing project (either from another project in Intel XDK, or if I close and re-open the XDK), the launch icons always reset to blank, and I have to manually assign each icon before building.

Also, I cannot find a way to remove a splash screen that I no longer want. I can change them, but I can't outright remove them.

Any idea what I can do to address either or both issues? Thanks!

[attachment=0:47kucnf3][/attachment:47kucnf3]

• GeometriX

The Build settings is just a graphical editor for intelxdk.config.crosswalk.xml If you look in there, you will see that the launch icons are still there, even though they are not being displayed after returning to the project. You could also delete your icons/splash screens by editing the file when the xdk is not open.

The issues you are pointing out need to be fixed, but this will let you make progress until we can do it.

• IntelRobert

I love the new fullscreen mode, but whenever I use the phone's manual volume controls the menu bar appears and doesn't automatically hide itself, the only way to make it disappear is to lock and unlock the phone. Can you help me with this?

• I don't see this on my phone. The volume controls appear, the menu bar does not, and the volume controls go away. Can you PM me a APK in dropbox so I can see if if is specific to the app?

IntelRobert

I love the new fullscreen mode, but whenever I use the phone's manual volume controls the menu bar appears and doesn't automatically hide itself, the only way to make it disappear is to lock and unlock the phone. Can you help me with this?

• I recently received this message from Google:

[quote:2v50yeei]This is a notification that your <app package name, in this case a few of my apps that were created compiled with Crosswalk>, is built on a version of Apache Cordova that contains security vulnerabilities. This includes a high severity cross-application scripting (XAS) vulnerability. Under certain circumstances, vulnerable apps could be remotely exploited to steal sensitive information, such as user login credentials.

You should upgrade to Apache Cordova 3.5.1 or higher as soon as possible. For more information about the vulnerabilities, and for guidance on upgrading Apache Cordova, please see http://cordova.apache.org/announcements ... d-351.html.

Please note, applications with vulnerabilities that expose users to risk of compromise may be considered “dangerous products” and subject to removal from Google Play.

Regards,

Google Play Team

©2014 Google Inc.

1600 Amphitheatre Parkway

Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important issues relating to your Google Play account.

IntelRobert I'm not sure how this works, does Crosswalk use Apache Cordova 3.5.1 or an earlier version? I'm having a hard time locating in the Intel XDK where it would say. Do you know anything about this issue and if we can fix it in our projects yet?

• I've got the same message. I hope IntelRobert can let us know how to fix this issue as I have no idea how to update it

• Same message for net.mrexcessive.flickmath - don't think we can fix, needs Intel to resolve.

(for clarity, I built the apks with XDK... so whoever produces the XDK needs to fix ?)

• Also received this message.

• Crosswalk 8 (beta build in XDK) includes apache cordova 3.5.0. Crosswalk team will need to update, test, and then we will need to update our servers. This normally takes about a week, but I haven't gotten a firm date on how long it will take. After that is done, you would just need to build again and republish.

This problem affects most users of cordova/phonegap.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • IntelRobert thank you. Hopefully googleplay will hold off from store removals until time to rebuild right down the chain.

• But PhoneGap patched their build on 7th August:

http://phonegap.com/blog/2014/08/07/cordova-android-3_5_0-patched-with-security-fixes/

That's nearly 2 months ago.

• IntelRobert

-- HARDWARE --

Dual Core A9 Processor 1,2GHz

Android 4.2.2

1GB RAM

1024x600 HD

Chrome and Crosswalk Crash on loading sounds in low end tablets (Tested), Please Help

if delete all sounds from game, game start normal, if loading sounds the game is crash ?

In Samsung S4 or HTC M8 Game Work fine with sounds (Tested)

I have post this problem in HTML5 Intel Forum

https://forums.html5dev-software.intel.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7609

-- Game Link ---

http://humaninfected.clay.io/

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)