Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• You don't need to upload splash screens or icons. Try exporting a c2 demo and then in xdk. 'start a new project' 'import existing html project' and then build. That will verify that everything is working. Then try the same thing with your game. There is a known issue with using some punctuation in the app name (e.g. ' ") causing the build failed message. We do support unicode so the unicode version of the app name can include any characters.

If you continue to have build problems, feel free to PM me.

I keep getting "The build failed. An error occurred..."

I followed the Google Plus tutorial and uploaded my splash screen and icon, so I don't know what the problem is.

• If you are using custom fonts on a desktop or cocoonjs, then you need to either use web fonts or sprite fonts to make it work in a crosswalk and/or phonegap game.

I have many problems with crosswalk

custom fonts don't work

admob don't work

and the performance is awful

• Hi IntelRobert, I just want to inform you and the x-walk team that I'm having this issue too:

https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-2655

When I launch the app packed with the online build service sometimes it starts correctly, sometimes throws a bunch of errors on the console and crashes.

The issue seems to be completely random. The game works flawlessly with X-Walk 7 and below.

Here's the logcat at the crash moment. There's a GC message just before the chromium errors suggesting a memory issue but I didn't add any new asset recently.

This issue appears on both my test devices: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and Nexus 4.

• Hello guys,

any news about the google vulnerability issue?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I had a problem for a while where I was unable to use the app previewer on my phone. No matter what I did the app would never accept my password. I would reset my password and try and it wouldn't ever work. I uninstalled the Windows version of the software and reinstalled it and then reinstalled the app and it finally worked after 30 days of trying.

• Thank you, volkiller730

XDK is really very good to generate apps for Android. I've tested this several times. I noticed that there are other platforms too, and wanted to know if the result is the same if I create an iPhone app. Has anyone tested? If yes, could make a comparison between XDK and Ejecta or Cocoon? Thank you.

• IntelRobert

Security alert - Google Play

This app is built on a version of Apache Cordova that contains security vulnerabilities. This includes a high severity cross-application scripting (XAS) vulnerability. Under certain circumstances, vulnerable apps could be remotely exploited to steal sensitive information, such as user login credentials. Please see the alerts page for more information, including how to address the vulnerabilities.

• RenatoB the others are built with Cordova, which is basically the same as phonegap. So to answer your question iOS8 should have very good performance. When android L is released that should also have very good performance.

• It looks like the same problem. When I used c2 preview over wifi feature and ran it in chrome for android, it also hangs in the preloading of images so I suspect it is a problem with chrome. We want people to move to crosswalk 8 so I am raising the priority of this issue.

For others, if your game works in crosswalk 7, but hangs with crosswalk 8 when you see the construct2 gear screen, then you are seeing the same issue.

Hi IntelRobert, I just want to inform you and the x-walk team that I'm having this issue too:

https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-2655

When I launch the app packed with the online build service sometimes it starts correctly, sometimes throws a bunch of errors on the console and crashes.

The issue seems to be completely random. The game works flawlessly with X-Walk 7 and below.

Here's the logcat at the crash moment. There's a GC message just before the chromium errors suggesting a memory issue but I didn't add any new asset recently.

This issue appears on both my test devices: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and Nexus 4.

• Slice alvarop

We are working on the update. Most of the engineering work of the android version of crosswalk is done in China, and they were on holiday so it took more time. China holiday is over so it should move faster now that their QA team is back.

The patch will be released on crosswalk 8 first. 8 was recently promoted to stable by the crosswalk team. In the XDK build system, stable is 7 and beta is 8. XDK has decided to hold back advancing our stable to 8 until we are more confident that users can move forward. Crosswalk team has agreed to patch crosswalk 7 as a favor to us, since they have officially stopped updating crosswalk 7. If you have a few minutes, try building in XDK with beta to make sure your game works with 8. You can PM me if you have a problem.

We are all a bit embarrassed that we found out about the security patch this way so hopefully it will not be happening again.

Hello guys,

any news about the google vulnerability issue?

• Slice alvarop

We are working on the update. Most of the engineering work of the android version of crosswalk is done in China, and they were on holiday so it took more time. China holiday is over so it should move faster now that their QA team is back.

The patch will be released on crosswalk 8 first. 8 was recently promoted to stable by the crosswalk team. In the XDK build system, stable is 7 and beta is 8. XDK has decided to hold back advancing our stable to 8 until we are more confident that users can move forward. Crosswalk team has agreed to patch crosswalk 7 as a favor to us, since they have officially stopped updating crosswalk 7. If you have a few minutes, try building in XDK with beta to make sure your game works with 8. You can PM me if you have a problem.

We are all a bit embarrassed that we found out about the security patch this way so hopefully it will not be happening again.

> Hello guys,

>

> any news about the google vulnerability issue?

>

Ok IntelRobert

I try to export the game with beta...

IntelRobert the iap pluging work with crosswalk ?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/articles/iap-in-intel-xdk

• RenatoB the others are built with Cordova, which is basically the same as phonegap. So to answer your question iOS8 should have very good performance. When android L is released that should also have very good performance.

TheWyrm: But only worth using XDK to create apps for iphones / ipads with ios8 version?

Does anyone know if there is any tutorial to create applications for iPhone / iPad by XDK Crosswalk?

• I've got the same message. I hope IntelRobert can let us know how to fix this issue as I have no idea how to update it

I have the same problem! I hope in a solution in a short time!

• IntelRobert made it very clear that they're working on it. So starting now, we'll be playing the waiting game

• Slice

Several people in the forum used iap and crosswalk.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)