Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• Cheers silverforce

Guess that explain the jump of 2000 when I set it to 2049

• > We can use ads now with admob? Is there a tutorial yet?

>

> Also, what are adMobs prices? I think with our current ads that only have an impression when you open the app, we get crap like less than .01 per click

>

Use cranberrygame's AdMob plugin, he has the instructions as well as the CAPX demo included. It's well worth the $12, until Scirra or Intel includes official C2 plugin support anyway.

My limited experience with AdMob, CPM is ~$1.7 (for 1000 impressions), but it obviously varies with click rate. It depends on the country, but for USA, a click tend to earn around 15 to 20 cents. For Australia, its very high, up to 45 cents. Canada is also very high, often 30+ cents.

great info, thanks for all of this. One more question though, if I go ahead and use the plugin, and C2 makes an official plugin, would I be able to switch without any problem? and is there any confirmation that Scirra is working on an official plugin?

• >

> > We can use ads now with admob? Is there a tutorial yet?

> >

> > Also, what are adMobs prices? I think with our current ads that only have an impression when you open the app, we get crap like less than .01 per click

> >

>

> Use cranberrygame's AdMob plugin, he has the instructions as well as the CAPX demo included. It's well worth the $12, until Scirra or Intel includes official C2 plugin support anyway.

>

> My limited experience with AdMob, CPM is ~$1.7 (for 1000 impressions), but it obviously varies with click rate. It depends on the country, but for USA, a click tend to earn around 15 to 20 cents. For Australia, its very high, up to 45 cents. Canada is also very high, often 30+ cents.

>

great info, thanks for all of this. One more question though, if I go ahead and use the plugin, and C2 makes an official plugin, would I be able to switch without any problem? and is there any confirmation that Scirra is working on an official plugin?

I tried to get confirmation but Ashley never responded to my querries.

But I don't see why you cannot switch, it's all in XDK itself, just remove one plugin and add another to your build.

We may even see C2 plugins (AdMob & IAP) from Intel soon, fingers crossed.

Definitely go ahead and get cranberrygame's plugins, they work great!

• awesome thanks!

• I hope someone can help me out, since the XDK update, it is impossible to export my game... I keep getting this message: "An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again." I got the export to work once and never again... please give me some guidance.

PS. I'm sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language.

EDIT: I fixed it! I had a little typo in the app version (1 integer only)...

• Here are the AdMob plugins recommended by Intel XDK.

Just google "cordova admob pro".

• floatinghotpot

"2% Ad traffic will be shared, as return for the support and maintenance effort."

in that case there should be free plugin for Construct 2 too. To handle banners and interstitials.

• szymek

I've tested cranberrygame's phonegap plugin for C2, it works GREAT for AdMob.

No lag added to your game and the refresh rate is spot on. Also I already notice a major difference to CJS/MoPub, each click I get a lot more $ (not sure why, maybe no middleman??).

• I also just tested out cranberrygames's phonegap admob plugin, and it does work well

The only thing that is lacking now (in my opinion) with Crosswalk is matching FPS of CocoonJS--I think that's really the only advantage CocoonJS has right now (at least from what I've seen with my apps). I don't know if this will be possible but fingers crossed

• The only thing that is lacking now (in my opinion) with Crosswalk is matching FPS of CocoonJS--I think that's really the only advantage CocoonJS has right now (at least from what I've seen with my apps). I don't know if this will be possible but fingers crossed

I think for smaller games, CocoonJS is still superior. But for larger games, it's not even a close contest because XDK is so much better at handling lots of large assets.

Performance numbers, I am seeing ~10-20% performance advantage for CJS, but XDK is more compatible with a wider range of hardware and has immersive mode.

My Star Nomad with CJS has 24 different crash type reports, each with many users on various hardware. An enhanced version of Star Nomad with XDK so far has ZERO crash reports.

Edit: Actually even for smaller games, XDK is superior to more compatibility AND immersive mode.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thanks, good information. I have republished one of my apps with Crosswalk, excited to see how it does

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... py.chicken

• russpuppy

can you use Crosswalk with early version of your platformer game

and check if framerate / general feeling during i.e. scrolling

is good enough?

• If you guys use XDK, in C2, make sure the setting Fullscreen Scaling is set to Low Quality.

On High, it destroys performance for very little visual improvement (hardly noticeable).

Use High-DPI should be set to YES to improve image quality (next to no performance loss).

I find this setting gives it nearly the same performance as CocoonJS in all my games.

Also, russpuppy Great work on all those games on the store. Very prolific and an inspiration!

• thanks for the tips

• We are working with Ashley for 'official' support for ads, payment, leaderboards, expansion files (for big games). But don't wait for us since cranberrygame's plugins seem to work well and I can't give you a firm date. I don't expect there will be any issues switching either way.

Also, we are collecting apps to show at trade shows, meetups, etc. If you want us to show your game please read this note:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)