Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• what phone model are you testing on? When i still had the Samsung Touchwiz UI installed on my phone i had the same issue.

also did you make sure fullscreen is selected in XDK Project settings?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • what phone model are you testing on? When i still had the Samsung Touchwiz UI installed on my phone i had the same issue.

also did you make sure fullscreen is selected in XDK Project settings?

Tested on Nexus 5, 7 and LG G-Pad 8.3.

Ofc fullscreen is enabled in XDK.

I also notice if the buttons are visible, if I go to home and re-open it again, it opens in immersive mode.

It looks like Xwalk is set to call immersive mode on launch once, or on resume once. If anytime the buttons return for whatever reason, it won't go back to immersive.

Also, once the app is closed (via Browser => close on back button), the next launch is not in immersive mode. You have to clear the memory then launch and it works.

For those curious, cranberrygame's Phonegap IAP plugin works excellent! It's literally instant verification, unlike with CocoonJS where there is a few second delay.

• That doesn't sound normal. The version you published always comes up in full screen immersive for me. Did you use the 'full screen' checkbox in XDK build settings?

IntelRobert

I just compiled Star Nomad with the latest XDK (beta xwalk) and it's amazing, graphics quality onpar with CocoonJS, similar fast performance!

I noticed something strange, I use scale inner (with browser object calling on start of layout, fullscreen scale inner), and it behaves as if the device buttons are not there but they are visible and block the lower part of the screen (interfering with my UI). However, when i triggered an IAP (using cranberrygame's phonegap plugin), the game suddenly switch to full-screen IMMERSIVE mode, where the buttons aren't visible, you have to swipe from below to bring them up again.

I wanted to ask if thats normal and whether we can control that.

Edit: hmm, on subsequent launches it starts default in immersive mode sometimes and sometimes not... what is going on.. ??

• Yes, ofcourse Fullscreen is checked.

[attachment=0:1stmif3a][/attachment:1stmif3a]

It will start in full-screen mode every time, as long as its the first launch. Once ingame, and you exit via double tap of the back button, you exit back to the home screen. The game is still in memory for awhile (Android does that), unless its cleaned using task manager or widgets or memory cleaning apps. A fresh launch always start in immersive mode, while subsequent launches will not (if its still in memory). Not sure why, but it occurs every time on my LG G-Pad 8.3 with Snapdragon S600 SOC.

Anytime the buttons are stuck visible, using the Home button & switching back via the Home/Multi Task menu will fix it.

Android is really messed up, I feel for you guys working on XWalk & XDK.

That doesn't sound normal. The version you published always comes up in full screen immersive for me. Did you use the 'full screen' checkbox in XDK build settings?

> IntelRobert

>

> I just compiled Star Nomad with the latest XDK (beta xwalk) and it's amazing, graphics quality onpar with CocoonJS, similar fast performance!

>

> I noticed something strange, I use scale inner (with browser object calling on start of layout, fullscreen scale inner), and it behaves as if the device buttons are not there but they are visible and block the lower part of the screen (interfering with my UI). However, when i triggered an IAP (using cranberrygame's phonegap plugin), the game suddenly switch to full-screen IMMERSIVE mode, where the buttons aren't visible, you have to swipe from below to bring them up again.

>

> I wanted to ask if thats normal and whether we can control that.

>

> Edit: hmm, on subsequent launches it starts default in immersive mode sometimes and sometimes not... what is going on.. ??

>

• Cranberrygame's Phonegap IAP plugin makes IAP possible in Crosswalk ?. All IAP services working as intended?

• Cranberrygame's Phonegap IAP plugin makes IAP possible in Crosswalk ?. All IAP services working as intended?

Yup. I did the usual purchase and it works 100%. Others who used the AdMob plugin also confirm it works!

I did NOT test restore purchase yet since my game didn't need it (all IAPs are consumable).

Gentlemen, we are in the golden period of HTML5, C2 & Android, thanks to XDK/Xwalk.

• That's good new. But it's another 12$. Guess it's not that much considering the circumstances. But with Scirra supporting Crosswalk, it should have a working free IAP plugin of it's own for the paid users.

Golden era is about to begin. cross fingers.

• I agree IAP working, ads working and good performance

Just need google play leaderboards now and it will be perfect

• We can use ads now with admob? Is there a tutorial yet?

Also, what are adMobs prices? I think with our current ads that only have an impression when you open the app, we get crap like less than .01 per click

• We can use ads now with admob? Is there a tutorial yet?

Also, what are adMobs prices? I think with our current ads that only have an impression when you open the app, we get crap like less than .01 per click

Use cranberrygame's AdMob plugin, he has the instructions as well as the CAPX demo included. It's well worth the $12, until Scirra or Intel includes official C2 plugin support anyway.

My limited experience with AdMob, CPM is ~$1.7 (for 1000 impressions), but it obviously varies with click rate. It depends on the country, but for USA, a click tend to earn around 15 to 20 cents. For Australia, its very high, up to 45 cents. Canada is also very high, often 30+ cents.

• I agree IAP working, ads working and good performance

Just need google play leaderboards now and it will be perfect

I used to think leaderboards are important but its too easy to cheat it, look at Swing Copters leaderboard, there's people spamming it with fake scores into the trillions etc, making it rather pointless.

• > I agree IAP working, ads working and good performance

> Just need google play leaderboards now and it will be perfect

>

I used to think leaderboards are important but its too easy to cheat it, look at Swing Copters leaderboard, there's people spamming it with fake scores into the trillions etc, making it rather pointless.

I think the global part of them are pointless but think being able to compare your scores to people in your group is useful

• Is there a problem with auto updating of version codes? After building, my log says 'Updated "versionCode" to "120015" yet when uploaded to Google Play, it tells me it's 80015. And in the build settings for Crosswalk I had 60015...

I'll update the version in C2 properties and the build settings just to be safe but something seems to be amiss.

• Same thing happened to me

Uploaded and version code was 2048

When I have done an update have set version code to 2049 and it has upload as 4049

• I set the Version Code to 1, 2, 3 etc. It automatically makes it as 20001 for ARM & 60001 for x86. It rises each time to 20002 & 60002 etc.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)