Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• Getting an error trying to build with XDK...

"The build failed. An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again."

I tried adding launch icons but still getting the error.

• I am getting the same build failed error

I have mailed intel robert and they are looking into it

• My problem was an apostrophe in the app name

Builds fine now

• Thanks, working here now too.

• it's almost September,

does Crosswalk already support ads?

• szymek

Yes crosswalk supports adds using plugins

I have leadbolt banner ads working using podes iframe plugin

and I have leadbolt interstitial and alert ads working using cranberrys plugins

• I have leadbolt banner ads working using podes iframe plugin

and I have leadbolt interstitial and alert ads working using cranberrys plugins

what about AdMob banners and AdMob interstitials? (because of the highest fill rate)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • cranberrys plugin does those as well

• Good work, this has improved a lot since I last tried it in february! Now my main issue is performance, which is not yet on par with CocoonJS. I suspect this might be an issue with Chrome rather than XDK though, as I have the same lag when running it in the Chrome mobile browser (which I don't have in the same project in CocoonJS on my Samsung Galaxy S3).

• Good work, this has improved a lot since I last tried it in february! Now my main issue is performance, which is not yet on par with CocoonJS. I suspect this might be an issue with Chrome rather than XDK though, as I have the same lag when running it in the Chrome mobile browser (which I don't have in the same project in CocoonJS on my Samsung Galaxy S3).

That might be a true. I didn't think about that but I've noticed about 10-15 fps drop on some of my projects. It used to be 55-60 now it's 40-50 either with canvas 2d or webgl on my Galaxy S3

• When printing the CPU usage within the app it does seem to be lower in the compiled app compared to the Chrome mobile browser, about 50% lower. Although my fps is good at the moment, it seems to jerk/lag slightly at irregular intervals.

I also noticed a delay when playing audio (already preloaded), which also happens in Chrome mobile browser and CocoonJS. It's about 0.3 seconds long on Samsung Galaxy S3, which is noticable and make timing-based audio difficult.

As I'm experimenting with a music game, my biggest issue is that Audio.PlaybackTime in C2 does not take this delay into account, so I have to manually add 0.3 secs to Audio.PlaybackTime to get the actual playback time of the song. I'm mainly worried that this delay varies across devices, which might mess up the timing. Still, this is an improvement from CocoonJS where Audio.PlaybackTime did not work at all.

• I'm also noticing performance lags which really ruin the gameplay experience :/

I thought it might've been my code but that's looking less likely with only 34 events and minimal iterations...

• I suddenly cannot build any more apps in XDK. I get "An error occurred while building the application" although I didn't change any settings. I'm guessing they're having temporary server issues.

• IntelRobert Could there be some sort of notification saying servers are down or something? - just tried to fix + clean install thinking there was an issue with the program because it was lagging heavily...

• IntelRobert

I just compiled Star Nomad with the latest XDK (beta xwalk) and it's amazing, graphics quality onpar with CocoonJS, similar fast performance!

I noticed something strange, I use scale inner (with browser object calling on start of layout, fullscreen scale inner), and it behaves as if the device buttons are not there but they are visible and block the lower part of the screen (interfering with my UI). However, when i triggered an IAP (using cranberrygame's phonegap plugin), the game suddenly switch to full-screen IMMERSIVE mode, where the buttons aren't visible, you have to swipe from below to bring them up again.

I wanted to ask if thats normal and whether we can control that.

Edit: hmm, on subsequent launches it starts default in immersive mode sometimes and sometimes not... what is going on.. ??

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)