Consider Cocoon if XDK is not working (updated)

From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • ah i see.

unity5 is what started to include all of the "pro" features like shaders and such. 4.x did not.. maybe they went back and included them, but that would not make a lot of sense because they want users to move to 5.. not keep using 4..

Yea the main thing about the unity3d as part of this thread is that people were crying about the splash screen for cocoon io.. and that they must pay to remove it.. and yet hundreds of thousands of unity3d users are using the free version and deal with the splash screen on all of their games.

I agree Construct 3 is exciting to me.. if nothing else.. having a Mac version! As a mac user I use parallels a lot to run C2.. and it's not terrible.. but it does create some workflow issues.. bootcamp is ok sometimes, but most of my apps are mac so i prefer to stay in that OS.

• part12studios

yea but for 2d games or isometric stuff you dont need shaders really... 4.5 is more then enough if you are already making games in c2 and u just want to transition or rebuild them in unity 2d to be able to compile without to much hassle .

as for switching platforms personally always got the impulse of moving from construct to another platform but something keeps me here i guess its so easy to work with c2 and the community is just awesome so active and vivid even though 99% of the time the same problems repeats day by day.

sorry for double post just the above one was to big and wanted to keep it like that since had its meaning.

• good point about 2d stuff. and yea i know what you mean about migrating.. i've tried a lot of engines.. tried other "code free" engines and still C2 is the best out there that i have seen. Although to be fair i probably should give fusion another try sometime.. it's very similar..

That said.. Playmaker for Unity is a code free solution, but i found it very confusing.. their tutorials are sorely out of date..

I tried Unreal 4 with blueprints.. but jesus.. you're basically coding in C++ visually so even after many hours of video tutorials and such.. probably 50 videos.. i still didn't really know how to make a game with it..

I feel like C2/C3 really has nearly perfected the game engine itself.. really.. what more could they add? What they need to do is shift from game making.. to improved game publishing.. and i'm now learning that web is really no better for monetization than mobile is out of the box.. which is absurd.. C2 is an f'n web game engine.. you would think they could at least make sure that a C2 user could go out and put a game on Kongregate or other websites and make money using all the typical hooks.. video ads.. banners.. IAP... etc...

So yea I really hope that C3 gives this some serious thought.. but i think we're all going to be disappointed.. C3 is most likely going to really just be a re-make of C2 using non .net frameworks so they can port it to other platforms besides PC. That's my somewhat skeptical prediction. Hopefully I'm wrong and we get more than just a C2 that runs on mac and linux.

• part12studios Have you tried Buildbox? It;s suppose to be the easiest of them all compared to C2, Stencyl, and Gamesalad. But the pricing is just ridiculous. I tried Stencyl and Gamesalad but C2 is just better imo.

• thatserafimkid yes it use with leaderboard and achievement and share etc follow my tutorial anyone get any error can ask me i'll help you https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/4979/a ... onstruct-2

• llfstudios yes price is ridiculous and it's just another game salad.. very very walled garden.. lacks advanced features like arrays and such.. but i think worst of all is just the general misleading notion that you can reskin games and get rich with their monthly subscription service..

• C3 is most likely going to really just be a re-make of C2 using non .net frameworks so they can port it to other platforms besides PC. That's my somewhat skeptical prediction.

I'm thinking the same.

• What do you guys think of build.phonegap.com ?

• confusing.. i found it difficult to understand working with plugins. others may have more experience with it to share their stories (good or bad)

Adobe's paid service seemed ok but still also not clear on how to work with cranberry plugins with it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've been using Coocoonjs previously and Cocoon IO when it came out. It's the easiest for publishing and for testing. XDK and the others just overcomplicate the process I there are many times I would get errors that were frustrating to solve.

I've been able to incorporate ads and In app purchases with cocoon successfully as well, also an easy process.

The only problem I have with Cocoon is that it seems there are delays in apps.

• thatserafimkid yes it use with leaderboard and achievement and share etc follow my tutorial anyone get any error can ask me i'll help you https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/4979/a ... onstruct-2

When I try to use appodeal with cocoonIO I get compiler error!

Also the appodeal plugin is very bad, no way to check if an ad is loaded. No way to decide what you want to happen if an interstitial ad is dismissed etc.

• I think the appodeal plugin was built for intel xdk. So there's gonna be some problems when trying to compile to cocoon.

• And XDK is not working properly either.. I get weird static noises in the game with that even in their emulator. Nothing works! so sick of all this crap!

• well appodeal is pretty new i think.. personally i don't see the big deal.. i'm using admob + vungle (cranberry plugin).. no problems with cocoon io.. problem solved.. moving on..

• Just expressing some frustration, admitedly not very productive

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)