CocoonJS plugin updates

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • OK, I got icons working as well.

I have managed to get a game fully working with Admob plugin and ads are showing. Everything is working great. I'm going to try uploading to Google Play and see how that goes.

Update---

Uploaded to Google Play with 0 issues. Same game, but here are some Build size differences.

Old CocoonJS Compiler - 11.3mb

Intel XDK Compiler - 20.8mb

CocoonIO - 8.1mb

Game boots up faster than old CJS and has no screen flickering.

Issues found that might help others.

1. This game is older and does not need WebGL. Turned it off in C2 before exporting and the game scaled correctly.

2. The whitelist plugin that is installed by default in Cocoon.io caused my game to not load. Uninstalling it from Plugins fixed that error. Ludei has confirmed that plugin does not work with Canvas+

3. Icons work by following the template linked above and adding the appropriate lines in your config.xml as seen in the cocoon.io docs. https://cocoon.io/doc/icons_and_splashes

Later today I will test with iOS.

Final note, I am doing all testing with Canvas+

• ArcadEd

I think I'm getting paranoia Yesterday my icons weren't working, today I removed "whitelist" and uploaded my ZIP again - and I can see icons

anyway: in my case, even with WebGL off, I see that my apps are rendered in lower resolution. ludei what do you think: when this issue will be fixed?

but I'm really happy to see native ads working MoPub always sucked, and native AdMob has backfill from Google AdSense.

• I think I'm getting paranoia Yesterday my icons weren't working, today I removed "whitelist" and uploaded my ZIP again - and I can see icons

We are working on a wizard for this . It was hard to add icons even for us, and that is why I gave you the link to the template for phaser.

in my case, even with WebGL off, I see that my apps are rendered in lower resolution. ludei what do you think: when this issue will be fixed?

More that WebGL, the problem is ScreenCanvas. If you use the dev-app and you set it off in the Canvas+ settings, you will see the game works again (in low quality, but it does).

We are investigating the issue, because there was a fix for that, but it seems we lost it during the migration. We are one step closer now that we know what it is causing it .

• Making some progress. I had to remove the whitelist plugin that is included in cocoonIO. It was giving an error in debug, once I removed it, the game worked. I disabled webGL in C2 to get it work on full screen.

Audio is a bit wonky. My mute button doesn't work anymore. Music didn't start playing initially.

Working out a kinks, little by little.

On a good note, ads worked.

Im having the same issue right now, tried removing whitelist and removed it on the config.xml and still no luck black screen. I removed the .xml file too so that ludei could upload its own upon compiling. Currently using construct 2 r205.

Is it possible for anyone to post their Configuration settings for publication?

FullScreen: Letterbox scale

FullScreen Quality: High Quality

Use high dpi: Yes

Orientation: Landscape

Enable Web GL: OFF

Sampling: Linear

Downscaling: Medium Qualty

Physics: Boxdmk@d asm.js

Compiled the game as cordova

Any other way to resolve this Ludei?

• Did your game work with the old compiler?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can custom cordova plugins work in Canvas+ or is it limited to webview+ ?

• Depends on the plugin I believe.

• https://github.com/ludei/atomic-plugins-c2

Says:

Important information to take into account

You can use this plugins in the Webview+ for cordova (ios and android), but not yet at the cloud or in Canvas+.

Is this information outdated ?

• ludei

Got my invite today. Interface is very, very slick; definitely a big step up from the old compiler. Love that I could search for cordova plugins by keyword and automatically add them.

However, still working on getting a project compiled; getting 'Error Android' for android. Probably being dense here, but where do we go to see the log of build errors? iOS built fine.

Since you place so much emphasis on aesthetics, here's one little faux pas: the color of the cursor/selection overlay in the config.xml editor is way too pale; the cursor is basically invisible. I just copied in/out of notepad++ to edit it, but it would be nice to forgo that extra step.

• ludei

cranberrygame

Okay, I see now that the build info/errors are emailed. Would be great to be able to see this info right in the cloud app, as the emails seem to take a few minutes to precipitate out.

The error I'm getting is for the 'Phonegap Game' plugin, by cranberry games. Specifically:

"Error installing plugin: com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.game@"

Added this to plugins by going to search, finding it, and installing it. I can see it was added to the config.xml file. Also tried to add my app id as a param, as is required in Intel XDK, but no love.

Anybody else using this plug (or any cranberry plugs) in cocoon.io?

• Important information to take into account

You can use this plugins in the Webview+ for cordova (ios and android), but not yet at the cloud or in Canvas+.

Is this information outdated ?

It was for the old cloud .

Since you place so much emphasis on aesthetics, here's one little faux pas: the color of the cursor/selection overlay in the config.xml editor is way too pale; the cursor is basically invisible. I just copied in/out of notepad++ to edit it, but it would be nice to forgo that extra step.

Yes... we reached to the same conclusion. It will be white in the final version .

Okay, I see now that the build info/errors are emailed. Would be great to be able to see this info right in the cloud app, as the emails seem to take a few minutes to precipitate out.

Yes, the red icon will be a button from which you can download the full log .

"Error installing plugin: com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.game@"

If they are updated to work on Cordova 4.0.x, they should work. If you send us the feedback, we can have a look at the log.

Cheers .

• ludei

Edit1: Managed to build, but I had left webgl on, so I was getting the scaling glitch others have seen (game window quarter size). Going to try canvas2d next.

Edit2: Any plan to let us grab a single apk as opposed to the whole bunch? For those with limited bandwidth (like me ) having to dl 3 unnecessary files every build is a drag.

Thanks for the reply. Said plugin has instructions on their github site for using with cocoon.io (exactly what I did), so I assume it is supposed to be compatible. I'll build again and bounce the feedback over to you.

In the meantime, I stripped out the offending plug and managed to build successfully. Now to install. Fingers crossed...

P.S. I'm loving the size of that apk.

• Ashley

Would it be possible to get a 'CooconJS' formatting option in the Cordova exporter? All you would have to do is omit the config.xml file, chuck all the exported files in a 'www' folder, and zip it.

• Did your game work with the old compiler?

yea it did, im wondering if its my C2 version or not

• TiAm

I tested build with cocoon.

But no build error.

Can you talk with me on skype for my better understanding?

Thanks

Sang Ki Kwon

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)