Can't Fraps my game anymore

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • You might want to report the issue to FRAPS. Node-webkit is based on Chrome which has a fairly unique architecture, like having a separate process for GPU commands, so they might need to update FRAPS to take that kind of thing in to account.

• I've been using OBS which is a live streaming tool, but you can use it to record locally. The performance is awesome and it's free

• You might want to report the issue to FRAPS. Node-webkit is based on Chrome which has a fairly unique architecture, like having a separate process for GPU commands, so they might need to update FRAPS to take that kind of thing in to account.

Ashley, Fraps stopped working with the new version of Nodewebkit, the one i used now from 184 works with fraps, so it might be nodewebkit? or some new update from chrome...

• I think it's FRAPS' job to be compatible with all software, not all software's job to be compatible with FRAPS.

• I don't even know when the last time FRAPS was updated, so I don't have super high hopes there.

Thanks to those who suggested alternate programs though!

Nvidia Shadowplay doesn't seem to detect Node Webkit games either. It can capture desktop but then I'd have to crop it. Action! looks fantastic though.

• OBS (open broadcast software) is the best recording software I have used. It is also free.

I have used fraps, bandicam, xsplit, action, and plawclaw 5. Not to say they are bad. But OBS usually has better performance, better results, more flexibility and more functionality

If you are determined to spend money. Playclaw5 is my second preference to OBS.

To edit video I recommend Adobe after effects, premier, and audition.

I think they are like 25$ a month for all of it and more. Pretty good deal.

• I think it's FRAPS' job to be compatible with all software, not all software's job to be compatible with FRAPS.

I can see what you mean, unless it's a case where Node Webkit used to work with Fraps just fine. The idea to split the node webkit and C2 downloads broke it. That would mean the compatibility issue is on your guys end, not Fraps.

It's also horrible with every other screen capture option which is making the marketing, and promotion of our games much more difficult. Hopefully you guys consider the feedback, and not the criticism.

On the topic, the best alternative I found so far that can capture 60fps is OCam. Unfortunately not as solid as Fraps, please fix this bug.

• I was upset about this too at first, but OBS is better than FRAPS in pretty much every way. Free, too! Might hurt Let's Plays though, as FRAPS is fairly popular.

• NW.js is just a standalone build of Chrome, so I guess the same thing applies there? (i.e. FRAPS can't record Google Chrome)

That's really not our problem or even NW.js' problem, that's something FRAPS need to fix.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What has worked for me is to start FRAPS first, and then, say, Chrome. Perhaps it is the same for NW? I will see if I can get FRAPS to somehow record.

Also, like Tokinsom said, OBS is becoming much more popular, and free, since FRAPS has no ability to stream. OBS is very much the Swiss Army Knife of recording tools, and if your game is exported to NW, I suggest you mention that to players, and get them to save their money and put it towards better software. FRAPS is dying ware only persisting on their previous fame.

• Did you guys check the "Monitor Aero Desktop (DWM)" tickbox?

I recorded all my videos usig Fraps, and just captured some footage from the last Chrome version.

(that's said, if I close Chrome and re-open it, Fraps doesn't see it anymore.)

• Wow, why didn't I come across OBS when I was trying to find a desktop recorder a few months ago? Open source FTW!

• Does OBS export uncompressed footage with little effect on performance, though? The big plus of Fraps for me was that it didn't try to do compression in realtime. OBS does however afaik, leading to a subpar visual quality (and performance drain) that's not suitable for promotional material.

Anyway, nice to hear that FRAPS still works for

• (You just have to set to fullscreen and you're good! Or export to windowed NW 10.5, it works nicely as well)

Also, I always had to check the "Monitor Aero Desktop (DWM)" option, even with others of my games made using XNA.

• Fraps doesnt see NW, Nvidia ShadowPlay doesnt see NW, Bandicam doesnt see NW... NW like a ninja at now... (((

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)