Nearly daily [EFFECTS] by Somebody - neat things + big GIFs

5 favourites
From the Asset Store
Give your players time based rewards, checks how long player has been away to display time remaining to reward.
  • Alright, thanks to R0J0's hint I fixed up another Shader - Flag (aka Snake)!

Since we have some limitations it will work properly with a certain type of image, but when it does it's a rather neat™ effect.

Added to the main thread.

PS. Hey, TiAm - the game has either flags or snakes, right?

PSPS. FISHIES!

PSPSPS. Add a little sine for height and you can get some rather neat effects:

What I like about this is that you get perfect seamless looping within the given time. So you could probably go crazy with the shaders - capture the result and have some neat looping animations.

• candle image loop is cool, thanks for sharing your effects.

• Thanks Somebody!

They will be usefull for sure.

• These look great. Thumbs up for big GIFs.

• frcol, totoe - thanks, guys.

These look great. Thumbs up for big GIFs.

Seeing is believing

I have more ideas for these, just need to figure out the math and we'll be seeing more neatness. Also - excited to see what you guys come up with.

• The candle is sweet

• Somebody

Is it normal not work as expected in iPad 3 with webGL On.

• Somebody

Is it normal not work as expected in iPad 3 with webGL On.

Quite possible as I'm not sure if iPad fully supports the shaders - how does the "not normal" behaviour look (or is there nothing)?

• Looks fine in Safari.

• Dissolve for example, it blinks instead of gradually dissolve using Sine.value in its threshold propertie.

Safari and Chrome.

• Dissolve for example, it blinks instead of gradually dissolve using Sine.value in its threshold propertie.

Safari and Chrome.

Please try my "official" capx - it should do exactly what the demo one does: https://www.dropbox.com/s/38la9wxopuwqj ... .capx?dl=0

If that doesn't work then I guess it doesn't work on that system. If it does then check the settings.

• Great work, thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok, yeah Dissolve gets stuck.

• Well done. Really like all the effects,

One question for the Shift. Like you said "behind the shifted texture the image is slightly transparent", but if you add 1px empty border to your sprite (been using your dissolve.capx) then transparency goes away and then original texture is shifted. Is this supposed to work like that?

I mean, perfect scenario would be, to be able to choose between:

• shifting just the texture
    • shifting a texture with border pixel repetition

anyways, good job.

• When you put a transparent pixel there the system just repeats that, so its being repeated anyway, just invisible. I might try to make a version that stretches the first couple of pixels. Also a version that seamlessly loops the contents.

About iPad and dissolve - I'm using the fastest way of getting rid of a pixel - just stop drawing it, using a "discard" command. Guess the iPad implementation just decides to discard everything once it gets that command. I might look into a version that just sets opacity to 0.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)