Something is broken with r166

0 favourites
  • Can anyone confirm that r167 has fixed it?

sadly, no... i still expirience the same problems :/

there is one weird thing... my problem seen to be with the keyboard plugin... its triggering twice, but i have the exact same event, but for triggering with the gamepad... and they seem to be fine...

plase help... :/

the worse thins is to pin point exactly what is causing the problem... but i suspect of

the condition "layes is visible" inverted or not...

it seems that all the events that no longer work, is becuase they use this condition...but the wrid thing is that with the gamepad... this one, trigger fine... :/ im confused

• Lunatrap - if it's just one keyboard event that's triggering twice, can you reproduce it in a new empty project? If there's a problem we can probably fix it immediately off the back of that, but without it we might not be able to get anywhere.

• Lunatrap - if it's just one keyboard event that's triggering twice, can you reproduce it in a new empty project? If there's a problem we can probably fix it immediately off the back of that, but without it we might not be able to get anywhere.

no just one... a lot... pretty much all my keyboard events...

i cant reproduce it... with a simple event sheet it does not happen...

you can argue that its an error in my code... but like i said... everything works well on r165... if i unistall r165 and install 166/167 (free version) and then it wont work (repeat this about 10 times to be sure), that means that there is nothing wrong with my code... something changed with C2 on r166

my project is too big to export to an empty peoject... it will take me days or weeks to do it...

i guess its better to send you my .capx instead.

i would not be so worried like i am now... if i could stay in r165 and finish my game... but since i have the steam version i cant go back to r 165... so i need your help very bad :/

• Ashley my issue is gone in 167, however the performance is much slower than 165. preview my game on ipad3 over cocoonjs 1.4.7 launcher, i used to get 'near smooth' 55~60fps, now drops to around 45fps.

• Ashley -I've been testing my projects with different versions 165, 166 and 167

and 165 has better performance ( not use multiplayer or physical).

• Can anyone confirm that r167 has fixed it?

I still have my problem with the dictionary triggering order:

This is the thread I've made (which contains a capx):

As I'm not an expert I can't be sure I've done my dictionary events right, but then why would it work with r163 and not with r166 & 167 ?

• OK, I looked in to this a bit more carefully and think I might have found the cause. Instead of doing a full new release can anyone affected by different trigger behavior try the following:

1. Download https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15217362/r167-fix.zip

2. Extract to <install directory>\exporters\html5, replacing the eveng.js and preview.js files already there

3. Restart Construct 2

4. Test again and see if fixed

Let me know if that resolves the issue.

• johnsmith - your example also uses nonsensical events - I have no idea what you expect 'trigger once' underneath a loop to do, it just doesn't make sense. If the above fix doesn't work in that case, try making as simple as possible reproduction .capx and posting a new bug report (following all the guidelines) for that. As far as we are aware the Dictionary plugin is working fine and it's also a very simple plugin so it would be surprising if something was wrong with it.

• [quote:1shr1gkx]Let me know if that resolves the issue.

This resolves the issue for me, at least the thing i was testing against seems to be working as intended. Thank you

• johnsmith - your example also uses nonsensical events - I have no idea what you expect 'trigger once' underneath a loop to do, it just doesn't make sense. If the above fix doesn't work in that case, try making as simple as possible reproduction .capx and posting a new bug report (following all the guidelines) for that. As far as we are aware the Dictionary plugin is working fine and it's also a very simple plugin so it would be surprising if something was wrong with it.

Thanks for your help Ashley.

I've dowloaded the fix, but the problem was the same.

I've removed all 'trigger once' as you said, and it's working now... So it was my mistake, sorry... Guess I still have to learn when to use "trigger once", gonna check the manual some more.

• Debugger shows about 25-30% CPU utilisation in a new project with just 2 sprites.

• thanks Ashley for the fix, wing now seems to return normal.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • OK, I looked in to this a bit more carefully and think I might have found the cause. Instead of doing a full new release can anyone affected by different trigger behavior try the following:

1. Download https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15217362/r167-fix.zip

2. Extract to <install directory>\exporters\html5, replacing the eveng.js and preview.js files already there

3. Restart Construct 2

4. Test again and see if fixed

Let me know if that resolves the issue.

i will do it ashley, and report the results ASAP thanks!!!

UPDATE:

IT WORKED!!! IT WORKED!! YEEEES!! thanks a lot ashley!!! you are a god among men

now my triggers are working as intended and everything is back to normal thanks!!!!!

• Glad to hear it works - I'll make a .2 release tomorrow to get some broader testing in and if all is OK then that can turn in to a stable release.

• Ashley 167 working for me as well.

But I have a whole new problem - things like opening a save or open window in say sprite editor or importing music will reward me with a blank window (no buttons or anything) and adding events has unusual results for example I tried to do a system create object event, when i go to select the object the window just closes and the bottom value in the system spawn box was greyed out and unselectable.

Very strange random stuff. I've done a clean install of C2 now and rebooted etc etc. I Also just did a giant garbage collection incase I was hitting some sort of limitation on the amount of objects or files c2 can handle. I'll open a ticket if I can't resolve it myself by tomorrow. But the events issue is indeed gone for me so yay!!! Thanks for all your hard work as usual!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)