IOS sound problems since iOS 9.2

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Best soundtracks for any game. High quality and engaging assets.
  • Is anyone else still experiencing problems with this? I seemed fine for a while after Ashley posted the fix, but has now come back even worse than before.

I'm using r227 and the audio is very distorted 2 out of 3 times I run my app. It is the same testing on browser and publishing with xdk and phonegap. I'm testing using an iPad air 2. I've tried importing audio files at various sample rates.

I've also made a test app with just one button and one audio file and it still has the same problem.

• Hello,

I am exporting an IOS app using INTEL XDK,

It is working perfectly on my iPhone 6S,

However I have no sound.

All of the files are inside the sound folder in C2, and they are in m4a format.

I have been reading this report and some others but I have seen nothing that might help me,

Can someone please help?

Thanks a lot!

• Hello,

I am exporting an IOS app using INTEL XDK,

It is working perfectly on my iPhone 6S,

However I have no sound.

All of the files are inside the sound folder in C2, and they are in m4a format.

I have been reading this report and some others but I have seen nothing that might help me,

Can someone please help?

Thanks a lot!

Which version of C2 are you using? I was having some sound issues on iOS which were improved by upgrading from C2 Stable r227 to C2 Beta r230. If you are using the latest stable build maybe try upgrading to the beta, then re-export for XDK and see if you get any improvement with your sound.

• Many thanks for your reply Artpunk,

I updated the C2 version some days ago and now the sound is working properly on iOS,

BR

(update: it was not working properly until I added the plugin "cordova-plugin-playfrequency" - updated the 02/09/16)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I had been having this issue for a long time now, and according to this ticket(https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=154538) the issue was solved already - but I still was getting it until today.

I tried everything in this thread but none of the solutions mentioned worked for me.

I was still getting the audio distorted when I switched my app from sounding on headphones to my phone's speakers.

However, I have found a plugin that does the trick:

Just add "cordova-plugin-playfrequency" to your build and the issue with the distortion should gone,

Full plugin info here:

https://www.versioneye.com/nodejs/cordo ... ency/0.0.1

Tested using an iPhone 6S with iOS 10 Beta 8 / built with intel xdk / and made with C2 V234

I hope this post help,

BR

Jonathan

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)