Just to throw in my lot:
I have been experiencing this problem, usually after I close the sprite editor or soon after saving. I am using r268, 64 bit build. I do not have autosave turned on.
However, I think the problem went away since I put all of my objects into folders (i.e. so they are not loose on the projects sidebar). I'll keep an eye out in case I'm way off base, but my wild guess is that this problem is being caused by too many objects on-screen in the projects sidebar, maybe due to a bug in the new version of the 3rd party UI library Ashley referenced.
For other people experiencing the crash, it might be helpful to know if you also have a cluttered projects sidebar.
I got crashed since the 'memory use' get more than 10mb
So here's how it crash from my experience:
- Only happen if memory use >10mb
- If you import many animation or frame (Sprite editor only)
- Alt+tab while layout is active also cause force close
- Saving the project also cause force close occasionally
- Autosave sometimes make force close
- Saving and then close C2, suddenly Force close appear
- If more than 5 layouts on the bar, and you make some changes in event sheet, sometimes also cause force close.