[Plugin] Spritefont (28th August 2012)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • I've replaced this

spritefont/runtime.js

this.type.gl_rect.set(0,0,(this.bctx.canvas.width-1)*this.scale,(this.bctx.canvas.height-1)*this.scale); // remember this uses coordinates, so width/height minus one

to this

this.type.gl_rect.set(0,0,this.bctx.canvas.width*this.scale,this.bctx.canvas.height*this.scale); // remember this uses coordinates, so width/height minus one

Error is gone. For what was -1 width/height? Will it cause to any consequences?

• Because I assumed that the last X or Y index is one less than the weight or height in zero-based coordinate system.

So indexes for 16x16 sprites would be from 0 to 15.

• Any chances to update this plugin due to save and load system?

• I've already stated on page 14 that I no longer am working on this plugin. I simply do not have expertise nor time to provide the requested features and fixes. Spritefont is at best an amateur's shoddy attempt at plugin development; I simply cannot meet the demands. I am but a writer, not a programmer.

Sorry.

So far, nobody has offered to pick it up, nor am I aware of anyone attempting their own spritefont solution.

Guess I'll have to put something up in the first post...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I know Mipey stopped working on this, but did anyone else pick up?

Looking to fix some issues:

Setting Point of Origin

Word Wrapping doesn't seem to work.

I'm going to try and dive into it, but my skills are weak sauce.

• Anyone should adopt sprite font to continue develop? it worked on cocoonJS as well!

• Joannesalfa Did you mean you tested this on CocoonJS and it worked??

• marvelous, now I just have to continue my project with this plugin :)

• Joannesalfa Did you mean you tested this on CocoonJS and it worked??

Rory

Yes, CocoonJS 1.3 managed to get spritefont plugin is working like a charm

• Awesome!! Web fonts don't render as crisp as sprites for some reason :)

• The inaccuracy of fonts and webfonts basically means spritefont is the only solution. I just wish someone was still working on it. I have a couple bugs that are annoying me. Mostly around wrapping.

• Yes firebelly I have the same sentiments, been trying it out the past few days, scaling it also sometimes causes texture errors on cocoonjs..

• Creat many sprite font objects, then destroy them, the ImageMemoryUsage not reduce. Is a BUG of this plugin or the C2? Someone can fix it?

• Is there a demo of this plugin?

• Creat many sprite font objects, then destroy them, the ImageMemoryUsage not reduce. Is a BUG of this plugin or the C2? Someone can fix it?

Nofish, due to my lack of expertise it is entirely possible that Spritefont is not properly releasing textures, however it was not intended to be created and destroyed in large quantities and rapid succession. Why do you need so many spritefont objects being created and destroyed? That is one of the poor practices in C2.

Is there a demo of this plugin?

California, there are example capx in the first post, however they may be quite outdated now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)