[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • So what I need to do to get 100 CCU?

• Press Subscribe button and you will see possible options.

• Okay, but if I need to make a simple chat, but I want 100 CCU, where can I find an example of a chat server? Can I use my server with the plugin for Construct2, or need to change something in server code?

*Google translator*not good at English*difficult to understand the documentation*sorry:)*thanks in advance:)*

• From client perspective, there is almost no difference between cloud and server aside connection workflow. I theory you can use same app with server and cloud.

Plugin may require some adjustments to work with Photon Server. We did not test it because server is advanced topic and we hardly find many Construct2 users who want invest in server development. So cloud is our priority. Chat can be implemented easily with plugin and Photon cloud.

If you want try server, download Photon js client sdk https://www.photonengine.com/Download/P ... -0-0-2.zip (or other sdk of your choice) and connect to local master server instead of cloud's nameserver

• can anyone provide a simple platformer demo with photon cloud?

• Hello.

I already have Photon Server running on my server, so can i connect to my own Photon Server instead of Photon Cloud?

Thanks.

• Hi,

No. Currently only methods for connecting to Photon cloud exposed in plugin.

• Realistically, with the free acount, what kind of games can it handle with how many rooms, peers? From the numbers shown on the website I think I can only use it for a turn based game with maximum of 20 peers/day. Someone experienced can confirm or deny?

• Free account is good for prototyping.

• xoros Yes, I see....but those prices are incredibly high for just simple game, not to mention , even a free nonprofit multiplayer game will force me to pay the premium account.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Cipriux Than you can try to setup and run a self hosted photon server: http://doc.photonengine.com/en/onpremise/current/getting-started/hosting-photon-server

• Realistically, with the free acount, what kind of games can it handle with how many rooms, peers? From the numbers shown on the website I think I can only use it for a turn based game with maximum of 20 peers/day. Someone experienced can confirm or deny?

Free account is limited to 20 ccu. Ccu (concurrent users) means number of clients connected simultaneously (peers). There are no other "per day" or room count limitations. In theory you can have hundreds of users playing in turn.

• Sorry to ask this, but I couldn't find anything after searching a while. Is there any tutorial or guide that would help us non-coders to understand how to use this plugin?

• First, even non-coders should understand how Photon works. All about lobbies, rooms and players. See http://doc.photonengine.com/en/realtime ... uick-start and other documentation.

Plugin simply exposes most of Photon features in C2 editor. Two demos available for plugin show how to use these features.

Sorry, we don't have tutorial for Photon plugin currently.

• ThePhotons Hey there guys!, I've just started using your plugin! its freakin awesome! (I'm working on a 2D platformer )~ but I've found a few things that I'm curious about~

warning I'm a total noob at networking , but so far we've converted the Fishpool into a functioning multiplayer platformer and will probably be upgrading to the 100ccu within a day or two

#1 When someone minimizes the HTML 5 version mid air , they freeze mid air on all clients ~ is there a way to check if someones doing that?

#2 exporting to Node.JS doesnt connect at all... is this being fixed?

plugin has huge potential!

Pop by my stream sometime! I'm a full time Gamedev streamer! twitch.tv/2dgamedev ~ we'll be using this photon plugin daily while continuing the conversion !

waiting moderately patiently for updates!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)