[PLUGIN] Paster

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • You can paste object's anywhere, including off-screen. The object you're pasting just needs to overlap the paster object.

The exceptions currently are particles and tilemaps. They need to be onscreen to be able to be pasted.

• Super-awesome! Will need to play around with this, but it sounds like nearly all the export questions have been answered by this. Thank you!

• R0J0hound

I'm getting generally inconsistent results, but it seems like the newest update is actually worse in preview: on android I'm now getting the upside-down/mirrored effect I was seeing on Canary/FF. On desktop, I don't see any difference.

I reverted back to the previous version of paster and the android preview seems fine again. I tried updating/reverting the plugin a few times: once it seemed to be working correctly, a couple times nothing was pasted at all, and most of the time I got the backwards paste.

Going to try an XDK export and see where that goes.

> Somebody

> This may be useful for you for saving part of the window at any size image you want.

>

Wow! This is simply beastly - I suspect it also enables a feature I was kinda going to mention as a slim possibility - supersampling (in a way) - i.e. punching a higher res image into a lover res canvas and thus improving the quality of the result.

Speaking of which - can I set the resolution to beyond object size? Would the pasted objects then be, for example, pasted at a higher res. And can I change the res and thus downsize that image before saving?

Wow, I hadn't thought of that...supersampling would be awesome for more powerful PC's, and this would be an easy way of doing it.

I've noticed before that you can force downsampling in chrome by zooming out; if high-dpi and high quality scaling are enabled, chrome will render to a higher rez, then downsample in the window. It really smooths out some of the hard edges induced by some blend effects.

Being able to do that in an actual game...seriously amazing.

• Update:

Tried an XDK export with v7 stable, and the paste from canvas effect seems to work aces.

• Interesting things happen if "Fullscreen in browser:" is set to Crop:

[attachment=0:bvc0pwgc][/attachment:bvc0pwgc]

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi R0j0, I just gave your paster_loadCanvas.capx a try and it wouldn't open. I'm using plugin Paster v0.5 and receive the following warning message".

---------------------------
    Construct 2 Check failure
    Check failure!  This is probably a bug:

Action ID does not appear to exist in related plugin

Condition: plugin->HasActionID(act_id)
    File: Projects\EventAction.cpp
    Line: 43
    Function: __cdecl EventAction::EventAction(class EventBlock &,class ObjectClass *,class BehaviorType *,int,class std::vector<class std::unique_ptr<class EventParameter,struct std::default_delete<class EventParameter> >,class std::allocator<class std::unique_ptr<class EventParameter,struct std::default_delete<class EventParameter> > > > &&,unsigned __int64)
    Build: release 193 (64-bit) checked
    Component: Construct 2 IDE
    (Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way.  Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports!  Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.
    Abort   Retry   Ignore   
    [/code:12orww6d]
  • Colludium

You need to re-download the plugin. It uses an action I just added.

• Ah - understood - I did download it but the version number was the same as the old one, so I didn't replace it (c2 was already open as well and I was too lazy). Thanks!

Edit to add - very nice, R0J0hound !!

• TiAm

Try this:

http://tinyurl.com/neye756

tap to paste the canvas.

Does it flip?

• TiAm

Try this:

http://tinyurl.com/neye756

tap to paste the canvas.

Does it flip?

No, it seems to be working correctly in all versions of chrome (stable and canary), and also in Opera. FF/IE don't work, but FF was inconsistant before, and IE never worked.

Canary was updated to v42, but I'm still seeing the backwards image when I preview from my own project using the Paster plugin, as well as from your example capx. Your newest example on dropbox seems to work fine, though.

I tried to export my project as an HTML5 page to see if that made any difference; it seems to give the same result as preview in all browsers. I PM'd you a link to this export in case you would be interested in testing w/ Canary on your system.

• TiAm

I didn't update the download yet so the change in only in my export. So when you try the link and it shows a pixelated image it's no longer flipped for you? If so, then I think I found a fix for that part. Now I just need to figure out why it's not working at all at times.

Anyways thanks for the testing. Hopefully I can fix the second issue over the next few days.

• As far as I can tell, I'm no longer seeing the flipped image with the last example you posted.

Glad to help with the testing; thanks again for this great plugin.

• Just ran into the little problem that's been mentioned here a couple of times - opacity gets ignored when pasting objects (at least if the objects have shaders). Is there a way around this?

• Hi,

I'm trying to paste a layer as textured quad, but the quad is acting little bit strange.

Is this the way that the textured quad is supposed to come out or am I doing something wrong?

I try to achieve a kind of perspective effect to layer... What do you think is it possible with this plugin?

Used plugins: Canvas and Paster

Test here: http://bogmount.com/paster/

• What I would like to achieve:

What comes out:

Test here: http://bogmount.com/paster/

Edit:

Could this method or something similiar be implemented with the plugin?

http://www.reedbeta.com/blog/2012/05/26 ... on-part-1/

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)