[PLUGIN] Paster

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Somebody

"is in crop" may be something that needs to be handled differently. If I ever get it to work right I may check what the scaling mode is an do something different for each.

Also I need to revisit that transparency bug, but the current , albeit poor workaround is to paste the paster to another paster and set the transparency of that. As I recall that's what I may end up doing internally.

TiAm Somebody

I'm not having much progress with getting the canvas pasting to work reliably. It's currently kind of random if it works or not, so I may end up having to go a slower route of making an off screen texture and rendering everything to that.

neverk

Perspective transforms aren't possible with the "draw textured quad" action. For that the points would need a z coordinate, but that's not part of C2's renderer. For perspective transforms a shader should be used. The closest we have is the mode7 shader but a better on could probably be made.

• Somebody

I'm not having much progress with getting the canvas pasting to work reliably. It's currently kind of random if it works or not, so I may end up having to go a slower route of making an off screen texture and rendering everything to that.

I actually went back to having a paster object under my artwork dynamically resizing as necessary (after you explained that "resolution" is the setting to use) and it works perfectly (and enables upsampling and downsampling, which is great). That transparency is the only real problem now.

Thanks again for a fantastic plugin.

• neverk

Perspective transforms aren't possible with the "draw textured quad" action. For that the points would need a z coordinate, but that's not part of C2's renderer. For perspective transforms a shader should be used. The closest we have is the mode7 shader but a better on could probably be made.

R0J0hound

Thank you for your answer. It's seems like I need to solve my problem another way...

• neverk

You can do it with a loop by pasting a line at a time. It's fast enough to make the image but not necessarily enough to do every frame.

• neverk

You can do it with a loop by pasting a line at a time. It's fast enough to make the image but not necessarily enough to do every frame.

Wow! Wicked witchcraft! That could really work with what I've been planning... Thanks a million!

• Update:

I touched up the "copy from canvas" action so the texture should never be flipped. It's not completely polished but it should be useable.

Note:

For me on chrome it grabs the image from 4 frames ago. I don't know if that can be changed.

Also as for now the bug where the opacity of a pasted object is ignored if the object has an effect, is still not fixed.

• rojohound

I am using the Paster plugin on a large 10000 x 10000 layout.

It works fine, but i actually need to set my layout larger to 19000 x 10000.

At that point construct 2 give's me a error that only images up to 2048 x 2048 are allowed.

[attachment=0:24yngp01][/attachment:24yngp01]

Is it something u can fix/update?

• Savvy001 the max texture size is reached, and so your setup cannot work with it, this is not something you can work around easily (nor try to), as it is an hardware limitation IIRC.

as for 2048x2048, it is C2 saying an advice, not the exact limit on your setup.

• Ok thanx!

• 2048x2048 is just the text I used, however the error will occur if the texture size is bigger than what your system supports.

• Hey. sorry to bug you about an issue I'm having.

a lot of posts ago a user was using this plugin for split screen, But had problems with the tile map not pasting tiles off screen. you suggested a fix but he never replied if it worked (that I noticed)

I tried your suggestion. But it does not seem to work.

Also there is something else I'm not sure has been covered. objects whose center is not in the canvas do not get drawn. this works for the most part. but for me my center is at the players feet. Meaning as soon as there feet go to far down the player will disappear.

• R0J0hound

I have a problem with quad drawing a fully cropped image (the edges get cropped), here is the link to my post in the subject, do you by any chance have any solution for me?

Thank You.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Any help appreciated

• I´m using Canvas to draw like a Pen (coloring book).

It´s not working as I expected in mobile (slow).

How can I use Paster to draw like a pen? l searched for tutorial or demo abour paster, but did not find.

The Draw quad draws squares (as its name), it´s not ideal as circular brushs.

I tried "paste object", but there is no coordinates to put it (follow the touch/mouse).

• frcol - pasting objects all the time might be slow - you could try an approach where you spawn objects while the user is touching and then paste these into paster and destroy them. It might get slow for very long strokes, but will probably generally feel better than pasting something every tick.

Also you'll probably need to look into making connected objects - lines (search the forum for "tails" or " trails") to overcome quick movements.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)