[PLUGIN] Canvas

From the Asset Store
Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (Drawing Canvas based)
  • Amazing plugin, this has solved one of the biggest problems I was having in a project. Thanks so much!

• Wow excellent plugin !

Hi, with this plugin can I Draw Pie Charts like this site?

Site: social.ufc.com

Sorry for my english.-

• Hey, thanks for the awesome plugin! I'm fascinated by the Gradient Fill and how it works, but is there any way to have 3 cycling colours dependent on time of day (the sun's rotation for example)? I'm trying to get a controllable day/night cycle going. It might well be impossible from where I'm standing, but I would love to be proved wrong.

The maths might just be beyond my comprehension here

• R0J0hound thank you so much for putting out such a helpful plugin together!

My team and I were pulling our hair out and this plugin suggested by a reddit user (@speccyteccy everyone go upvote him!) suggested it.

So again thank you so much!

• R0J0hound

Here is a little update for your plugin, Export canvas into an animated gif.

First use action Set Delay between frames.

Then use action Start Recoring Animation to start a new animation.

Then use action Add Canvas As Frame (repeat as many times as you want).

To close the animation use action Export Animated GIF.

Now you can access the file for download or for saving with the expression canvas.encodedGif

http://badpadgame.com/canvasGif.zip

• R0J0hound

Here is a little update for your plugin, Export canvas into an animated gif.

First use action Set Delay between frames.

Then use action Start Recoring Animation to start a new animation.

Then use action Add Canvas As Frame (repeat as many times as you want).

To close the animation use action Export Animated GIF.

Now you can access the file for download or for saving with the expression canvas.encodedGif

https://googledrive.com/host/0B3JLq-yXZ ... canvas.zip

DonwloadED

THankyou

i really need this so much

• Hey, do you mind if I use this canvas plugin in a project i'm working on that i plan to release commercially? If not, I completely understand.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • anticloud

Feel free, I don't have any restrictions on the use of my plugins.

• oh THAT'S what I've been missing.....thanks for the plugin man

• Pode weird, your fill color example dont work corectly. its hard to pick colour and fill white field

• Is there any way to use the canvas graphic form as a collision polygon shape?

Many thanks

• R0J0hound

Thanks for this awesome plugin. I have a question thought. Is it possible to first paste layer to canvas, then chop that image in to even size tiles ( basically chop an image in to pieces) and load them one by one in to sprites?

Also, if I copy to canvas, and canvas is on layout, it will show that image, right? I'm asking because I'm doing some tests with it and I'm bit confused on how it works.

Thanks!

• xeed

You can't change the collision polygon with this. It is possible to do per-pixel collisions by accessing the pixel data, although it is pretty slow. It doesn't work with polygon collisions so other work would be needed to make them work together. There is an example on the forum of per-pixel collision that uses the tilemap object with 1x1 tiles. It still is a bit slow but it does work with polygon collisions.

megatronx

For the first part you can split it up by pasting the larger canvas onto a smaller one. If you resize the canvas objects in the event sheet you may also need to use the "resize canvas" action to change the canvas' texture size as well.

For the second part, yes the canvas object should be drawn.

• Thanks!

• rojohound , something that i was meaning to ask about canvas use

using sprites for tiles..

and using the process of switch tileframe from arrayposition (create and show only tiles in view)

could the same process be used/combined with canvas. actually making a looping texture from tilespasting

for seamissues, is it possible to paste relative to canvasorigin, so the texture is composed of non floats

(seams in floats are actually the main issue here)

would this be is it a realistic aproach, performance, technical? any insights?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)