Epic Platformer — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!
Wanna create a cool Platformer?
By using this template you can quickly create a super cool platformer game.
The template contains a Construct 2 and Construct 3 version.
The template contains a lot of ready-to-use logic. You just need to build levels and enhance the graphics to suit your style.
Here is the list of features:
- Basic movements
- Camera movements
- Save points (Check poins)
- Ladders, nets and bars
- Goodies (e.g. coins and gems)
- Moving platforms (e.g. via way-points)
- Zones (triggers)
- Scenes (in game speak bubbles)
- Weapons (gun, shotgun, machine-gun, grenade, flamethrower and lightning-gun)
- 4 enemies type (static, moving, hunting, flying)
- Doors, keys and secret rooms
- Falling spikes and more
The template is using 32x32 tiles and has a screen resolution of 480x320, which is perfect for pixel art but also good for more smooth graphics.
The code is well commented and structured and the asset pack also contain a 7 page PDF document that explains how things works.
Try the Demo at https://www.scirra.com/arcade/action-games/epic-platformer-15063).
Extra tile maps can be found here:
UPDATE 1.5 (20. june. 2017):
- Support for Construct 3 added.
UPDATE 1.4 (12. mar. 2017):
- Jumpers added (when player land on sprites of this family he jumps very high)
- Creepy eyes added (static environment thing that looks at player in a creepy way)
- Input handling is now less bloated (code wise).
- Fixing a bug where Bat did not attack if player was hanging on a robe/bar.
- Fixing a bug where Bat was stuck in a jumpthru tile.
- Fixing a bug where player did not climb down correct ladder (if level had more than one ladder).
UPDATE 1.3 (2. feb. 2017):
- Gamepad control did not work. Old code was packed in version 1.2 (Sorry ).
UPDATE 1.2 (1. feb. 2017):
- Player can now move while shooting with weapons - except heavy weapons flamethrower and lightning gun.
- Gamepad control added (Left Analog=Move, A=Jump, B=Shoot, X=Change Weapon).
- Some minor bugs fixed.
UPDATE 1.1 (4. jan. 2017):
- Wall jump added
- Touch control added (see level 5)
- Player will now not takes damage the first 2 seconds after spawn.
- Tile set has more detailed graphics.
- Bones, moss and cracks added to the Environment object
- Some minor bugs fixed