[Plugin] Photon Cloud

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • NW.js

I can google it myself. But this does not answer how construct 2, photon plugin and NW.js bundled in app and how they could interfere.

• > NW.js

>

I can google it myself. But this does not answer how construct 2, photon plugin and NW.js bundled in app and how they could interfere.

The link I posted is a tutorial of "Exporting desktop apps with NW.js". NW.js is another exporting option like html5.

• Nice plugin!

I use SmartFox Server for Flash nowadays, I was curious to use Photon, and I´m liking it.

For example, I wanna use RoomPlayerCount, but it ask me a parameter and I can´t find what it is. I search in the javascript API, but didn´t find.

Where can I find the specifications of "System" methods and properties of Photon plugin?

• The link I posted is a tutorial of "Exporting desktop apps with NW.js". NW.js is another exporting option like html5.

Sorry, I was not aware that Scirra export doc is inside.

Then it worth checking of course

• For example, I wanna use RoomPlayerCount, but it ask me a parameter and I can´t find what it is. I search in the javascript API, but didn´t find.

Construct 2 shows tips on parameters when edited.

For "RoomPlayerCount" it should be like "Count of player currently in room." and "Room name." for it's "Name" parameter (all tips are in edittime.js of plugin). You need put name of room which count of player you are interested in.

Note that this method make sense only when client is in lobby. For count of players in currently joined room, use ActorCount.

• Does anyone face next issue?

Local run works great, but when I compile html or NW versions, photon commands stop working at all.

• unfortunately for me, I got these errors when I tried the demo-pool

"NameServer: PhotonPeer[_onError] - Connection error: {"isTrusted":true}" Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21:160

"LoadBalancingClientState: ConnectingToNameServer -> Error" Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21:160
    "LoadBalancingClientState: Error -> Error" Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21:160
    The connection to ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093/ was interrupted while the page was loading.
    [/code:3nk22kea]

I think I can't make connection to Photon, is it because of server down or something?

edit:

never mind me, I changed the protocol to wss and it worked
  • unfortunately for me, I got these errors when I tried the demo-pool

The connection to ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093/ was interrupted while the page was loading.[/code:165qyopx]edit:
    never mind me, I changed the protocol to wss and it worked

Both ws and wss should work. Maybe you tried to connect during temporal server outage.

We are suspecting some issues on Websocket servers and working on them.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Does anyone face next issue?

Local run works great, but when I compile html or NW versions, photon commands stop working at all.

Do other non-Photon websocket apps work in NW for you? Please test to make sure that this is Photon issue.

Maybe firewall settings?

• I tried to limit the room to 4 people but doesn't seem to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Where should i use the action "Set room max players".

On join room room condition? or On joinRandomRoom no match found?

• You should set max players before "Create room" call.

• Thanks ThePhotons, cool plugin!

I've looked through the "actions" list, and I can't find a way to communicate (chat) with other users. Have I missed something, can you help please?

• You should implement chat yourself using Photon events. Send messages as event data.

• What's the difference?

f-picture.net/fp/73a057869d0146a0b96c043f356465a9

Why one of them is available 20 ccu and the other 100?

• First screenshot is Photon Server licenses with server-side CCU's. Such license is not required in case you use Photon cloud.

Second one is Photon cloud application free usage plan with CCU = 20.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)