Some of you may know I have been working on a new tank battle game, similar to the old "Scorched Earth", or newer "Pocket Tanks" games. I have been working very hard and very closely with some of the Scirra board members to make this game work.
The reason I am posting here now, is to give anyone else a chance to join in the project through a very special means...
Show your coolest (perferably non-cpu aggressive) special effects. Any entrants once approved will have thier special effect added to a weapon in the game, and if possible (some usernames just won't work unfortunately) the weapon can even be named after you!
For anyone who doesn't know what TONKS is about... here are a couple of screenshots and some bullet points of features the game will, or already has included.
- Fully random terrain generation
- Fully destructible terrain with collapsing ground
- 1 on 1 battle
- AI battle
- Online/LAN battle with leaderboard
- Weapon shop
- Physics behaviour for tonks (now including physics treads!) and projectiles
- High resolution graphics
Any contributions are expected to contain a CAP file for porting into the game. Not only will you get your effects/weapon idea included, plus have the weapon named after you... you will also get a mention in the credits as part of the development team!
Special effects! gogogogogogogo!
Citnarf - Flamethrower type effect - DOWNLOAD AND SEE
Mipey - CareBeam - DOWNLOAD AND SEE
Quazi - QuaziBlobber - DOWNLOAD AND SEE
Newt - AcidSpitter - DOWNLOAD AND SEE
Newt - Magic Missiles - DOWNLOAD AND SEE
Sagal - Fire/FlameEffect - DOWNLOAD AND SEE
Davioware - SupportFlare - DOWNLOAD AND SEE
Myself - ExplosionType1 - DOWNLOAD AND SEE
l33twash0r - SmileyAirstrike(aka 4chanBomb) - DOWNLOAD AND SEE
CURRENT PUBLIC BUILD
14th May 2009
- Some graphic improvements to the ground, sky, and texture seams in general.
- Also added a sun and increased the play areas height.
23rd April 2009
Very early build, test driving and weapon selection.
- Playable area now more than double the size!
- Player 2 is now drivable
- Several physics tweaks and minor bug fixes
- Smoother camera controls and camera partially automated
---> After freescrolling, camera now returns to selected player
- Minor graphics changes/improvments
- New "power meter" widget
- Physics now more stable during low FPS on older machines
Debug keys and Controls:
-"1" Force camera to player 1
-"2" Force camera to player 2
-"D" Toggle debug info
-"Right Mouse and drag" to free scroll
-"LeftMouse Click" on player for menu
- "Left and Right Arrows" drive the tonk around
- "Up and Down Arrows" adjust power settings (will only function if player menu is open)
- "Spacebar (hold)" Aims turret at current mouse position (only for player 1 at the moment)
-"ENTER" to shoot (will only function if weapon is selected)
- "R" to repair your treads if they smash
-Ground gets "spikes" in it from weapon detonation. I can already solve this, just haven't done it yet.
-PlasmaGrenade bounces off of player platforms. Can fix, just haven't yet.
- Auto Flip is currently disabled as the current method is not suitable.
DOWNLOAD CURRENT PUBLIC BUILD